Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I have a 97 200 sx se with fairly high miles. I was wondering what would be the best engine swap I could do...
Keep in mind im not a millionaire, although I am willing to spend a pretty penny... i also would like to hear the advantages of the new motors e.g HP, availability of bolt-ons, etc.
thankyou

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SR20DE, from a 97+ B14 (needs to be your year or newer to be legal). Plenty of parts available for that engine too.

The following statments are what I think, anyone can feel free to correct me if I've been misinformed:

1. I said an SR20DE from a B14, because they're different from the ones that came in the B15s. Supposedly the one from the B14 is better (modification potential wise).

2. Engine swaps in Sentras aren't as easy as Civics. You'll need to get the axel and other stuff from the SR20DE car as well.

EDIT: I just noticed you're not from CA. Engine swaps needing to be your year or newer may not apply to your state.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i haven't heard anything about an engine needing to be the same year or higher for nc.....in fact, that's the first i've heard about it for any state (learned something today)

where in nc are you john?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im from good ol' Murphy North Carolina... Its about 10 min from tennesse and an hour from atlanta
How much HP does the sr20de enigine have, and how much am i looking at spending...
Im just wondering if its worth it
thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea how much you'll be looking to spend. Some people at www.sr20deforum.com have done it, you can ask them. As for horsepower, that engine has 140hp stock. Very good modification potential, though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
well... if your willing to spend a descent amount...

go with the DET. you dont have to worry about carb laws like in Cali and the DET is the same basic motor and its Turbo. from what im told you can get a Bluebird DET into the ride for under $9K. but im not sure about the 1.6L

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i want to do tha DET .. but i live in cali.. does n-e-one know where i can get like smog written off for JDM motors. i seen like alot of the S14 DET conversions on Super Street Magazine and they somehow all pass smog with huge amounts of power.

·
1.6 Turbo Power
718 Posts
Re: well... if your willing to spend a descent amount...

nak1 said:
go with the DET. you dont have to worry about carb laws like in Cali and the DET is the same basic motor and its Turbo. from what im told you can get a Bluebird DET into the ride for under $9K. but im not sure about the 1.6L
i wouldnt say its the same motor, it has different pistons and connecting rods, i believe, as well and a whole bunch of other things, plus its JDM motor. the GA to DET swap i heard is quite extensivem but anything is possible.

·
Registered
314 Posts
thats why i said basicaly....

the only reason the pistons and shit are different is cause they run a lower compression on the JDM motor cause its turboed. but for all intensive purpouses its pretty much the same.

i didnt realize that the 1.6 swap was so hard though.... i did read something about having to have all the bits and pieces from a 2L to do it... ie ecu harness etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts