Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

I am new here ...
I have enjoyed reading post , which have always been very educational...
I have a 1996 Nissan Maxima, and now find myself in a small dilema...
I have replaced the front and rear brake pads , but when I was doing the rear, I realized after turning the piston in and installing the new pad that the notch in the rear pad did not fall precisely in the groove of the piston.(I thought that the piston would self adjust)...but not knowing for sure , I decided to redo it and try to align the groove and noth as best as I could ( which I did on the other side) ...
but when trying to undo the bolt again , I realized I must have stripped it, because it is continuously turning but the bolt is not coming out...
what are the options????
do I need to buy a new bolt and spring like nut in order to be safe???
the bolt is not moving and the brake are working fine....so I may be ok until the next brake replacement...but I want to make sure my brakes are safe...
any thoughts..???!!!

if I need to remove the bolt and replace the nut in which it bolts onto , how do I do it???
thanks for any help......

·
I've had more cars than U
686 Posts
hi

I am new here ...
I have enjoyed reading post , which have always been very educational...
I have a 1996 Nissan Maxima, and now find myself in a small dilema...
I have replaced the front and rear brake pads , but when I was doing the rear, I realized after turning the piston in and installing the new pad that the notch in the rear pad did not fall precisely in the groove of the piston.(I thought that the piston would self adjust)...but not knowing for sure , I decided to redo it and try to align the groove and noth as best as I could ( which I did on the other side) ...
but when trying to undo the bolt again , I realized I must have stripped it, because it is continuously turning but the bolt is not coming out...
what are the options????
do I need to buy a new bolt and spring like nut in order to be safe???
the bolt is not moving and the brake are working fine....so I may be ok until the next brake replacement...but I want to make sure my brakes are safe...
any thoughts..???!!!

if I need to remove the bolt and replace the nut in which it bolts onto , how do I do it???
thanks for any help......
did you strip the bolt or the bracket?
if it's just the bolt then replace it, otherwise you may need to replace the whole caliper

1 - 2 of 2 Posts