Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was up sentra freaks. i have an 87 sentra and i need to state smog it. now my ? is should i smog it then do the sr20det swap? i contacted sleeper motorsport in san bernardino, ca and they told me that they could do my my swap for about 5,000. or should i sell my 87 sentra and by a 91 se-r and do the swap to that 1 for 4,600 or should i just sell my 87 sentra and buy another 87 sentra with plates and that has passed somg????? i really need ur guys help. thanxs for listening . OH YEA 1 MORE THING HONDAS ARENT THE ONLY IMPORT RACE CAR. LOOK OUT CUASE THE SHITNITZ R COMMING TO TEAR U A NEW ASS :D

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Get smogged first. As far as I know the DET will not pass CARB.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
[email protected] that engine cost way too much for its age. If you really got to have an SR20 motor, buy a JapSpec DE and purchase you a turbo kit. As far as smog, I would say get it smog tested first like RiceBox said and good luck with the install. I did my friend's for $3500 and that included A/C, P/S and it was an auto to manual conversion (1995 200sx) in february of 2000. To date he has trashed 3 trannies and the cost of those trannies has risen from anywhere between $600-$1000. Do your homework before you indulge and especially in the tranny department. I would hate for you to dump your hard earned money into a project that you can't fully enjoy because of drive train flaws and scarcity......Remember, do your homework especially with the smog thing........

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Re: Bad Carburetor huh?

87SENTRASE said:
Hey Rice Box does this sound like an echo? My carb is bad too. Like you do not know this? :mad:
Who ever designed that carb should be shot, it's nothing but problems. Makes me glad to have TBI...um...well.....atleast it's better then a crappy carb. :rolleyes: :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts