Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm stumped. I have replaced just about 90% of the PeaNutB13 suspension componets and I am still not happy. I still have 'The' annoying clunk sound, But I think I have that narrowed that down to a defective strut, so I am going to swap the Monroes for some KYB GR-2's and swap out the bearing plates for new ones. Also I called the Nissan Stealer and ordered the coil spring isolators for $4.50 ea thats not bad since I get a discount. The car has 211,xxx miles and I plan doing some sort of swap SR20/SR20DET when the engine finaly lets go.

Here is my question.....Well maybe two :)

Does anyone know where I can get OEM springs.
I can get Eibach sports for $190.xx with my employee discount, but I don't want the hassle of having bad camber and wearing out the rubber. My 2KSi does that enough as it is...stupid Honda. :cool:
I can get OEM springs from the dealer for $48.69 ea with my discount,and where I work we carry TRW springs but they don't make them for this year sentra '91-'94, AND none of the other parts houses I have called do either.
Does any one have any more info for me I have Googled but I cant find what I am looking for.

Thom,
PeaNutB13

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
91sentra said:
i have some stock springs in good condition from a GXE. If you want them you can name a price...........reasonable price. Just need to replace the rears. Should do that tomorrow.
Actualy I am looking for new springs, thanks for the offer tho :thumbup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had this same problem in a NX2000. Turned out it was the front sway bar bushings, and when i looked underneath the car you couldn't tell it was them that were bad, I had to actually take the things off before I figured out they was the culprit. Just a thought.

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lovemyser said:
I had this same problem in a NX2000. Turned out it was the front sway bar bushings, and when i looked underneath the car you couldn't tell it was them that were bad, I had to actually take the things off before I figured out they was the culprit. Just a thought.
I want to replace the springs because Of the fact the front struts I took off were OEM and were realy blown. The sentra just bounces a little too much for me. i would like to go with a stiffer spring rate and keep the stock ride height.
In fact I am looking at doing the NX rear break conversion also.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Bounce has more to do with dampening than with spring rates. I should say, it's the relationship of both. I have more bounce now with 350/250 than I did when I had 300/200 springs, and it's due to the strut dampening. I'd recommend you go with stock springs on those monroe's. If you ever decide to go aftermarket, I'd say go with Koni struts and spring rates of 250/150, or 200/100 if you want a nice ride that won't bounce but won't be so stiff that your ass is sore when you get out. You could try AGX's with those rates as well, but for the cost of the AGX's you'd be a lot smarter with your money to spend another $200 and get the Koni's.

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toolapcfan said:
Bounce has more to do with dampening than with spring rates. I should say, it's the relationship of both. I have more bounce now with 350/250 than I did when I had 300/200 springs, and it's due to the strut dampening. I'd recommend you go with stock springs on those monroe's. If you ever decide to go aftermarket, I'd say go with Koni struts and spring rates of 250/150, or 200/100 if you want a nice ride that won't bounce but won't be so stiff that your ass is sore when you get out. You could try AGX's with those rates as well, but for the cost of the AGX's you'd be a lot smarter with your money to spend another $200 and get the Koni's.
Yeah I see what you are say'n,I think i will just go to the dealer and get the OEM front springs since I can't find them any cheaper . I just put these monroes on about 10K ago and the drivers side is blown so with the OEM spring and KYB GR2's I'll be set.

Oh yeah I have the H&R sport/ AGX combo on my Si and has been good to me so far. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts