Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 1994 Sentra XE. I need more power. What can I do? I have an intake and a exhaust. I can't find a cold air intake for my car anywhere...can anyone tell me where to get one? I want to really know the cheapest way to get speed really fast!!!

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
I'm no expert on the Sentra but I'm pretty sure there is a CAI out there. Try HS, AEM, or Injen.

The quickest and easiest (and free if you have a timing light) way for additional power is to advance your timing. As far as a larger gain, headers are the way to go. Additionally, the 'breathing' of the car will be complete and this should also free up some hidden hp from your intake and exhaust. Another cheaper mod. is lightened pullies, good for about 5 hp. Additionally, you have all sorts of other options including: flywheel (not good for power but quicker acceleration), port and polish, crankshaft, performance CAT, ECU, etc.

If you are looking for an extreme power gain, really the only way to go is w/ no2 or an engine swap. No2 is by far cheaper and easier to install but naturally you do not have the power all the time and constantly refilling your no2 tank can be costly. Most of my knowledge is limited to the 200SX and the sr20de engine. I would search the boards and check out sentra.net for much more ideas and information.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey...thanks for all the helpful tips. I was thinking about getting an ECU for my car also. How helpful will that be? Also do I need turbo if I get an ECU?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey...how will MSD ignitions help also. How much power would i get if I put one on my sentra..plus change pulleys, cam gears and put 10.3mm wires.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
All the info. I'm giving is regarding the sr20de engine so the numbers and/or info. may be slightly different w/ the ga16.....

No you do not need to have a turbo to have an upgraded ECU. The ECU alone will give about 5-10 hp if I am correct. Additionally, it adjusts your timing and removes the cut off for your maximum speed so you are able to drive 120+ mph if that is your thing. Check out JWT for all the specs. Keep in mind that if you go the ECU route you need to send the old ECU to JWT to have them upgrade it. This means either you will need to send them a spare ECU or deal w/ your car sitting in the driveway for about 3 weeks. Also, (IMO) an ECU comes w/ a hefty price tag ($500+) so you may want to invest in other cheaper upgrades before you lay down a huge amount of cash.

UR pullies are always a good investment from what I've read from reviews and other drivers. They are cheap and produce a substantial gain for the price tag. Pullies are good for about 5 hp but they also have the benefit of providing the boast along the entire RPM spectrum and they let your engine rev. up quicker. They are definitely worth the $$ if you compare them w/ similar gains....i.e. CAT back exhaust ($400+), ECU ($500+), headers ($400+, unless you go Pacesetter), etc.

Most people only get the 2 piece set because the price difference and the 4 piece set only produces 1-2 more hp. Hope this helps.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts