Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, about 5 months ago i bought my 91 nissan se king cab for 800 buck and its in great condition, but about a week ago i got a free chev 350 block, along with the headsm, pistons, cam, camshaft, valve covers and oil pan, along with that i have 86 3/4 ton chev axels my friend is giving to me, i wanna do the axel swap for sure, but how much am i getting into if i want to swap the motor out, what all would i need to do and how much mula i need to save up, any answers would be appreciated, thanks-sam
check out my rig

32" big o moab tires
american racing 16"s

·
3,553 Posts
For the front SAS alone, at least $2500. That's if you do it yourself and built all the stuff needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey sounds like you've almost got all you need. Im doing the same thing right now with my 91 hb 2 wheel drive single cab truck. You might wanna consider motor mounts made for this purpose, there 2 high in a way, i plan on welding the original 350 mounts on the frame. also do you know if s10 headman headers will work? Their alot cheaper!

summitracing.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not positive but they should work, im getting a set from and 85 s10 v-6 and il see how they fit, they measure they same diameter inside and outside of the headers, so they should work just fine as long as they are the v-8 style and not v-6 ha....

·
Registered
3 Posts
i jsut bought a nissan truck after thriving off of domestic v8's forever. just remember . if its a 4bbl motor you only need powere to the starter and distributor and it runs itself. the only problem is making those small truck chassies not twist with the 350ftlbs of cast torque if you want real balls in the truck go with a 4.3v6 and put a turbo kit on it. like those old psyclone trucks had which is a 2 dr blazer with a 5 speed and 500hp. but the 350 swap is simple as hell. make ure you go with a turbo 400 tranny tho. unless you build up a really good 700r4 those r4's arent good for v8's. i went through tons of them with a simple modded 305 in my blazer. also if your goin to go with a 700r4 make sure you get one that was hooked up to a v8 prior or else your first gear will always hit 4000 then maybe skip shifts. its an easy swa to do. the rear end get a posi not a kookooclock out of a pickup. look for a trans am rear dif. like a 73-81 there easy to narrow and have true possies that dont blow out! cast iron kicks ass! your have too much fun with the truck when its done and always remember. domestic parts are cheeper and you can find em anywhere!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts