Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help. my 92 sentra xe is getting terrible gas mileage and feels severly underpowered. i thought it was the fuel pressure regulator. but, honestly i have no idea. my neighbor was saying the same about his van and it was a bad egr valve. please let me know what you think, oh and i dont have a check engine light on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
could be about a hundred things, you'd have to be way more specific. Maybe a plugged fuel filter, fuel leak? not timed properly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
did u check the fuel preasure at the regulator?
Be easyer to identfi your problem if u can tell us a lil more info on what the car is doing......Thanx

·
Registered
33 Posts
And if its spiting and sputering and ur preasure is weak its probly ur fuel pump when the pumps weak it will miss fire and ur mileage will suck very much and eventualy it will give out so id check u preasure at ur regulator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check the distributor and spark wires. I was having the same problem a few months back and it just came down to replacing the spark wires with some new ones.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Check the sef-diagnosis on the ECU. Center driver side panel. remove it, then turn the screw on the side to diagnosis mode, with the key on position, read the flashes of the light. - - - - - - - - =53 you will have flashes then a pause, then flashes. see if there are codes first.

Do this and get back on later and tell me the codes and I or someone on here can tell you the issue code.

If you get a 55, then its ok. no issues with sensors. Then it could be the Ignition coil, the fuel pump, hell the MAF's are usually the issue.

What I do is unplug the sensors and apply di-electric grease to all plugs so corrosion is not an issue. sometimes this becomes the issue with age.

MAF will cause the engine to buck and shutter. If you unplug the wire harness from the MAF and the car will run on own power at idle fine, then that is the MAF that is the problem. Try that also

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok turn on your car, when its on, pop the hood, then pull the first spark plug wire out the spark plug whole if you notice that your motor wants to turn off then it works if it doesnt make a difference to the motor then theres the poblem try it with the other three and if there is a problem then its your ditributor or the wires or worst case scenario that piston has no compression

1 - 7 of 7 Posts