Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From looking at dyno's of ka's on ka-t.org with a t3/t04e it seems that the t3/t4 turbo produces a better powerband (which is what i want). But they didn't have any dyno's for any gt series turbo. The thing i don't understand is the different trim's and a/r's avaliable for that one turbo. Also for some gt series i have picked for my car, i don't understand what Inlet size does and why it matters. So here's some turbo's i've picked out. Gimmie some feedback

t3/t04e with a/r and trim large enough to max out at 450hp

GT3071R Housing, .63 ar??? .82 ar???? 2.06 ar?????
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...tegory_Code=GRT

GT3071R-WG The compressor inlet is 2.75. WTF does that mean. What is different about this turbo and the other GT3071R besides the housing its put in.

Gt2871R - The housing is .86 ar, isn't that bad for spool? Would spool up time be affected if i got the 56 compressor trim over the 48 trim? what is different between the two compressor trims.http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...tegory_Code=GRT

GT3071R-WG This is the same as the other one but the ar and trim is smaller. Would this turbo spool earlier than the other one? Would it be able to max out around the same amount?

GT2540R Is this turbo a GT25R turbine with a gt40R compressor? Will this turbo see boost the earliest upon all other turbo's mentioned, and at the same time max out around the other larger gt turbo's? .64 ar? .86 ar?? What the hell does the inlet and outlet sizing mean.

i want the EARLIEST spool possible on a turbo and compressor combination that maxes out anywhere between 400-450 hp. Can anyone tell me which of these would be the best to do that job And what sizing should i get on that specific turbo ( ar sizing and trim sizing). Also, if i use that turbo and i'm pushing 15 lbs, about when could i see full boost on my KA24DE, and when would i be able to start seeing boost with that turbo.

Sorry, i know its allot but i want the best. Oh, and my car is an s14 with a KA24DE.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
the GT2540R is going to be laggy because of the HUGE compressor on small wheel.......its a 400hp turbo.

The GT series will always be better than the old school t3/t4s because of the much newer technology used.

the GT ball bearings will OWN a t3/t4 in terms of response and spool.

2871R won't get you 400-450hp. I'd say the GT3076R from atpturbo will do what you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well people say that the gt series isn't exactly bought for its early spool, as much as its bought for its efficient compressors. I've heard of people buying a gt series turbo (around the same size as a previous turbo) and spooling only 300 rpm's quicker. This being on a rwd sr20det. The website does say every single one of those turbo's maxes out from 400-450 hp tho.

If i did get a gt2540R, when would i be able to see boost compared to a GT2871R?? Which would get me to full boost sooner? Compare the better of those two to a GT3071R-WG. How far behind will the gt3071R-wg be?

Also, would you be able to answer my previous question's about the trim's and a/r options on these different turbo's?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
the 2540R just isn't as good an option. It isn't matched as well in terms of compressor vs turbine. I'd avoid it.

the GT series you're looking at will ALL spool faster than an equivalent T3/t4.

2871R definitely will NOT make any 400-450hp. 3071R is good, 3076R is best suite for that imo....If not a straight GT30R.

·