Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am by no means an expert on car audio. I have an MTX 12' in my trunk with a small amp and stock speakers. I basicly know nothing about audio other then what i know that i want to have. What do you personally think is suitable for an 89 240sx. I want a good amount of bass but not so much that it drowns out the rest of whats going on in the music. Would 2 12's be too much bass in such a small car? And what speakers would be a good investment at a reasonable price? Thanks.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
2 12's or 3 12's doesn't really mean much. depending on what you have 1 12 could easily outpower in SQ and SPL 2 shitty 12's.

I think your MTX will probably be enough for what your asking for, and as far as speakers I am running Infinity reference 6002 in my sentra, however I know some people really hate infinity (sr20dem0n mainly)

List your budget on what your wanting to spend on your speakers.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Its mostly the kapa's peopel hate. The reference series is ok for the money.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
ga16freak said:
yeah, that pretty much sums up my opinions

um, there are a lot of options....price range?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
ga16freak said:
I run the reference 6002 and love them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much would you have to spend to get a decent audio system? I would make an estimate on how much i would put into it but im not really sure what will get me a good quality sound at a good price. If its just a good set of speakers im going for how much do you think i would have to spend?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
My reference speakers were $99 each, and they were buy one get one 1/2 off, so I spent 150, and they are running off my head unit. however, if I could go back, I would have gotten the same reference speakers, but the componet set, which was 200, and gotten the reference for the back, so it would have been 250, plus I would have to get another amp to run the componets, so it would be closer to 400 for the speakers.

You can get a pretty nice head unit for about 200.

There is 600, and you can get another amp and a decent sub set up for 400, putting you right at a grand into a full pretty nice system.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess i should be taking notes. Should i go to a place that specializes in car audio or can i just go to circuit city or somewhere similair to that?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
your best bet is online, it'll be the cheapest you can get stuff for, you'll be able to get stuff better then at circut city, for below the circut city price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you happen to know of any websites offhand that offer good deals on car audio equipment? Thanks for your input by the way, i appreciate it.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
it depends on what you're getting, different sites are better for different products

I would say a grand will get you a bare minimum setup. Cheap speakers, cheap amps, cheap headunit, cheap sub, but it will be complete. If you want to get into the realm of "good" it will be closer to $15-1800 after shipping, wiring, deadening, etc all thrown in there.

·
Banned
408 Posts

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
EABY is a good place to go as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts