Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi so i've got a problem i can't figure out, i've got a 98 200sx 5spd with a CAI, and my engines having trouble. The "service engine" light starts flashing if i try to give too much gas (or enough gas to maintain highway speeds) the engine is vibrating more than normal, and can't handle any lugging, I have no power at all, like I was on the highway doing 60, dropped to 4th and floored it and basically nothin happened, my engine got real loud but i didn't go anyfaster. It sounds really uneaven. It feels kinda like how my friends car felt when he got water in his engine, but it hasn't rained, i washed my car but covered the intake with a bag when i did and that was like 3 days ago.

my uneducated guess would be that i have a sensor that went bad (O2 or MAF or somthin) but i don't know how i figure out exactly what it is, a part of me wants to say that it might be a bad spart plug or a problem in the distributer but idk

Any help woudl be much appreciated, I hate paying the shop to do anything

·
Registered
485 Posts
Some things to try...

Search for the IAC Valve cleaning thread, and also go ahead and clean the throttle body and MAF just for thoroughness. If that's not helping look at the plugs, wires, distributor(including the rotor), and the timing. Good luck and the search feature is your best friend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts