Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am stupid i cut my front springs and now i am looking in to buying ground control suspension , do i need new struts you think? cause i might have blown the stock ones ? or if i get coilovers do they come with that ? .. what i am trying to say is if i buy the ground control will i have to do anything else to the suspension ??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Get Eibach Pro-kits; they'll work with the stock shocks.
What's your milage, anyway? If it's over 90,000, I'd say
replace the shocks as well, unless it's already been done.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
hyperstyle6 said:
ok i am stupid i cut my front springs and now i am looking in to buying ground control suspension , do i need new struts you think? cause i might have blown the stock ones ? or if i get coilovers do they come with that ? .. what i am trying to say is if i buy the ground control will i have to do anything else to the suspension ??
Ground control coilovers require seperate struts. Stock struts will suck(blow out) with anything other than stock springs. Good luck has been had with KYB AGx's and spring rates of 300 front, 200 rear. Dont plan on droping more than an inch though as you will bottom out like mad.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you've cut your springs, I would definitely suggest getting shocks/struts as well when you purchase the springs. Cutting your springs will destroy your shocks/struts in short order. No sense in keeping them on the car anymore with the new springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts