Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Yellow Submarine
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OR THE IAT SENSOR PLUG in my 200sx, I'm car retarded so any info can help.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
"it" fools the ecu from thinking that it's reading and taking in colder air and making the adjustments, wherein it richens the fuel mixture to "compensate" for "colder" air, just a waste of fuel, time, some money, and patience.....

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
yeah, you kinda have to know a bit about electronics to understand what my brain was kinda spitting out, :D. I've kinda picked up electronics as I've probably rewired just about every electronic accessory in my car. :D

Some more knowledge:
Resistance is measured in ohms. Basicly, the higher the ohm #, the higher resistance is put on the power flow. Therefore, less power is allowed to pass through the resistor (or in this case the temperature reader). I'm not sure about the other temps, but I heard from someone else that @65*, the AIT gives a rsistance of 2.2K ohms and that tells the ECU what the temp is so it can adjust accordingly (to prevent detination)

When it comes to this mod, it tells the ECU that it's always 65* outside when it could really be 95*. The ECU adjusts to advance the timing, and bam, you get detination b/c the timing's too high for the real outside temperature.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Resistor mod

Tried it. No pinging (before set timing to 15btdc). Felt a little more low-end but you're mostly just wasting gas man. All this does is advance timing by fooling the computer. You may also notice backfiring occasionaly depending on what resistance you choose because your A/F ratio is too rich. Our cars are already too rich at WOT on a stock computer even at 15btdc! Hope you like the popping sounds!
BTW if it does ping change your resistor to a lower resistance in increments until it goes away. Don't drive it pinging all around town, especially in summer!
Read how to really adjust your timing the correct way and let the computer worry about A/F ratios bud or your pistons could be toasty with valve crispies!
This mod was intended to either a. make radio shack really busy or
b. Make some e-bay e-commerce wannabe's some easy money!

P.S. There is a reason you have an iat sensor, disabling it will not improve performance!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts