Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna switch my engine from an 88 pulsar nx 1.6 auto into an 87 nx1.6 manual.
just swap engines i dont know anything and i have to switch the control arm from the 88to the 87 just had it switched from the 87 to the 88 and it cost 500 so im doing all the work on my own from now on i need some help should i get a hanyes book or sumthing i can get and engine lift and all the tools im sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought a book today its not haynes it look usless to accually i just need switch my engine from the auto trans mission to a standard adn drop it in sound easy enough??

·
Registered
734 Posts
what engines are you talking about? ca16de or e16i? switching the control arms dont make since to me, since they are all interchangeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they both are the e16i
i should be able to just unbolt the enigine and take it out the top and mount it to either tranny right???
i bought a chilton book and it has the procedure on how to remove and install the engine and also the transmission but i dont think i should have to remmove the tranny
and i hit a curb and bent the control arm and a few other parts so they switched it and it cost me 500 bucks so im doing all the work on my own from now on

·
Registered
734 Posts
yeah if they both are the same engine, then you shouldn't have any problems.
our cars are designed to have the engine and tranny removed together. as for the control arms: 500 bucks was a huge rip off. you have a total of maybe 3 bolts and then the sway bar nut, and the balljoint.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
You will also need the flywheel off the manual to transfer in your good engine. You might also need the manual car's ECU. Check the axles length too just in case, but I doubt that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so it will be easier to switch the engine and manual tranny also switch the either cars ecu and add in pedals then switch the engine from the auto tranny to the car with the manual tranny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts