Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody...
I'm just posting to see if anyone else out there has had or is having trouble with clutch discs breaking on their 91-94 se-r's. I've just gone through two brand new(albeit crappy fenco brand)clutches in three weeks.
One of the springs in the disc is breaking free and popping out,wedging itself between the pressure plate and disc. The only thing i can think of is that i'm just buying garbage parts from schucks, but also, there's a deep gouge in the inner bell housing on the hump where the diff sits. i've come to the conclusion that the pressure plate itself is hitting that spot and wearing away the aluminum.
If anybody's got some answers or info on this it would be friggin awsome.

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
Don't buy garbage clutches.

Get a key-value clutch kit from nissan if you don't have much money. It's around 100 dollars and it's from Nissan. I've had one in my SE-R for years(granted I've faded teh crap out of it a few times) but it still works even with my abuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one up on monday and just picked it up this afternoon, i was going to get one to begin with but they were out of stock and i was in a hurry.
I guess the lesson here is: patience is a virtue...and easier on the wallet.
When i picked it up i immediately noticed the much higher quality of the disc(i mean it is an exedy). tomorrow, i'll compare the overall thickness of the pressure plates to see if there's a big difference.
Thanks for the sound advice though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts