Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this issue.

Bit of background on the car. I bought the car 2 weeks ago and the car over heated on the way home (only drove 90 miles) now the garage is saying its my fault, but after spending so much on the car and it being in this showroom condition it shouldn't of have a coolant issue in the first place. I've now since bled it and its now blowing hot air through the heaters (which wasn't before) and topped up the water and made it home. But since its been loosing coolant somewhere as it needs topping up daily.

Due to the weather my car got stuck and I needed to use the x trail for a 20 mile journey. I topped up the water reservoir and bled it, making sure it was warm and the temperature gauge didn't go above half way and heaters was blowing hot air. Now on the way home from this journey the car lost all power on the motorway and I was forced to pull over on the hard shoulder. The battery was completely flat and I had to be recovered back home as the car wouldn't start.

I've replaced the battery with a new one and still the car won't. Upon closer inspection the fuse linkage on the positive battery terminal had blown and its the 450a one which is for the start motor and alternator. When joining these with a piece of metal it blows it instantly. Clearly some where there is a break in the wires touching one another. But today I've looked under the car and noticed the black lead of the negative part of the batter was hanging loose and I can't see where this would be bolted on. Surely this wouldn't be the cause of blowing the fuse on the positive battery terminal link?

I've had enough of this car and we have only drove it 3 times in the two weeks we have owned it and the garage is stating to us it was sold as seen, but I've since found out that is that the case anymore with buying second had cars. He's refused to help with any costs and won't refund us our money and he can come and collect the car. The only way around it is pay to get the car fixed and take him to a small claims court for all costs to fix the car.

Any advice with the reason it might be blowing the positive 450a fuse on the on the battery terminal link would be really appreciated.

Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
馃榾. Don't worry its a car. It can be fix. Not like most people.

First off. Water in the cooling system is damaging to water pump bearing and errode the metal sheet in composite head gasket plus more. Always use Preston anti freeze in hot or cold condition to control engine temperature. Is the radiator cooling fan working when the engine gets hot?. That heavy black cable from the battery gets bolted to the engine block or any metal part attaching to the engine block. The fuse the becoming damage because the alternator have an internal problem with maintaining amperage or is shorting to ground. You must have the engine cooling system pressure test at 17psi when it is cold or warm. See your local pep boys or AutoZone for pressure tester tool. Also test the pressure of the radiator cap with the same tool to make sure the system can withstand pressure or you will see a leak of coolant. Suspect heater core, or a gasket joint or rubber O ring on the cooling system. Also suspect radiator.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Had a mechanic come out to me and found the engine is seized. Having to go through a small claims court to get my money back.

Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
If your state has a lemon law like NYC you will win. Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
In the UK you have 30 day consumer rights. If buying any goods and its not as described or becomes faulty you're entitled to your full money back. But the seller is refusing. So its a long process to take him through a court system.

Registered
After you get your money back make sure you post on every form of social media what a scam artist the seller is. Get the word out far and wide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts