Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys heres the deal........

my battery light as well as my fuel and l ights indicators stayed lit up on my dash while i am driving the whole time. the battery light was only on slightly so i looked in the owners manual and it says it means there is a small load on the system but nothing serious at this point. While on a long road trip it started top lose its power and timing and backfired on me once. I pulled off the face plate on my deck turned off all my lights and heater. It continued to sputter for a few more secconds and then returned to normal running and the lights and dash display were brighter than they had been in a long time. Now my battery light is on as bright as possible. Im going in to get my alternator battery and charging system checked. I was wondering if anyone had any guesses before i take it in monday on what could be wrong, i might be able to do it my self then.

ps, changes lately have been weather down to -30 degrees celcius, and i had some one hit my car while it was parked but it resulted in no dammage.

sorry for the length but thanks for your time for those who read and reply.

oh yeah and my car still started in these rediculous temperautres, even though the block heater isint plugged inm due to where i have to park.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
check belt tension and connection for corroded/cutted wires, have the alternator and batterie tested too... normally from this point you should have touch the problem... seems to me like the charging system is going... in most of the case i saw on that engine, either both batterie is shut and alternator is going to due to extensive work trying to charge the batterie and still get enough power to get all the car stuff running in the mean time. Last time it happened to me i changed for a new bosch alternator (total rebuilt) and a new batterie... sure i costed over 300$can but i ran my car once a week in winter and start on first key turn. even after a week under the snow :)

like i said get those 2 pcs check before making a move it probably either one of it maybe both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts