Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder LE (Canadian) and I just noticed that my Theft Warning Sytem is not working, the Security light is not flashing at all but it is a solid red, and I can hear a little humping noise coming from under the dash when I turn off my Pathfinder and lock the door with the remote, the noise is really low (I have to stick my head next to the brake pedal to hear it), and it going until I restart the Pathfinder again.
I have read the owner manual to learn how to arm and dis-arm the system. Right now everything works fine in my Pathfinder, I can lock and unlock door with remotes, just the Security light is not Flashing (suppose to flash after you arm the system), low humping noise from under the dash, and no alarm when I open the door with the system in armed mode.
Anyone have any experiences with this problem please help....
thankyou

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is it a factory alarm or after market? I have more experience with owning cars with aftermarket then factory, but I have had aftermarket do this.

You can try removing the battery BUT if the alarm is gone and has an the serie that may go off and you won't be able to turn it off (had this happen to an old car and we just disconnected the speaker) and if you have any type of start kill thing, that may cause you a LOT of trouble. Basically you would have to pull parts of the alarm out. It is one of those things that is best not to play with unless you have the time to do so.

Other than that, I would advise takeing it to a dealer if you need more than remote locks. The alarm may also be working, the doors locking is a good sign.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a factory anti theft system and I got it fixed today.
I downloaded a repair manual and was able to trace the problem to a box under the dash called Smart Entrance Unit. I bought a used unit from a junk yard for $10 and replaced my defective unit, then I had to re-program my 2 keyfobs with the new unit inplace and my oem anti-theft system is now working again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts