Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

A few months ago my Pathfinder started to randomly not start.

I had it parked for about an hour, then when I tried to start it, it wouldn't turn over (battery power comes on like normal when the key is turned half way, but the starter wont turn over when the key is turned the rest of the way). After I let it sit overnight, it started right up the next day. It seemed to work fine for a day or two, then it wouldn't start again. Again, I let it sit overnight, and I was able to start it the next day. It worked for about a week, and then it wouldn't start again (it has been doing this off and on over the last few months). However, I noticed that if I don't lock the car (or even TOUCH the locks), then it wouldn't do it nearly as often. It has been working fine for the last few weeks, but a couple days ago it happened again out of nowhere (I didn't even touch the locks). But this time, I really can't get it to start (it has been sitting for about 3 days now, and it still wont turn over). I have a feeling its not going to start up again without the problem being fixed.

As for the Pathfinder, it's a A/T and basically all stock (including the security system). I tried disconnecting the battery, playing around with the locks, tried switching it in and out of park, ect. No luck.

Another thing (i'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with the problem, though), someone broke into my car through the passenger side window about a week before this started happening, and the problem began the first time it rained (I had the window temporarily covered with tape until I installed the new one). It's possible that a little water may have gotten through, but I think its sorta just a coincidence.

Any ideas? If it's the security system, is there a way to disable it or something?

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply! It appears there is no power at all going to the starter motor. It's not even trying to start. All the dash lights and stuff come on, though. The last time it started it fired right up. Were you able to resolve the issue with the '95?

I bought the shop manual for it last night, but didn't see anything about disengaging the alarm. And I couldn't find anything on the internet about how to do it either. Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.