Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,348 Posts
there is a valve that is mounted on the back of tbi (carb thing with injector) unit, under the air filter housing. youll have to take the housing out to access it. Its an electrical valve that is clamped just about at the height of the throttle body plate ... when youll declamp it from there make sure you catch the little oring thats behind.. its made like an 8 ...

then clean the valve, check for voltage continuity and if all seem right put it back on with the oring...

If it doesnt help, theres is always a chance that you changed your computer for an Ecu from an automatic car. You could check the part## on it and call the dealer to get the info on where it came from.. is the car getting to normal temperature when it happens ?? .. since youll have the air filter housing off there, check all connections to sensors for corroded or cutted wires.

· Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,348 Posts
this makes me think you got a problem with the temperature sensor on the intake manifold ... probably something like bad connections /corrosion...

· Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,348 Posts
mine idling at 2000 rpm clutch pressed on cold start... and wont go down till engine is warmed completely... like over the 1/4 on the guage... you changed the thermostats lately ?? did you used a 180degree unit ?? or lower temp one ?? ... i founded out myself that a 165degree unit wasnt getting my car up to temps (barely heating at all) and i ended up changing it after a few months (winter is freezing around here) the car wasnt idling right and was like you discribed also... like the car is going back into the "warming" stage once in a while...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.