Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 pathfinder heater,
nissan part heater.jpg
can't seem to find this part or name of it, if im correct it is being sold as an assembly but i just need the valve, can someone tell me the name and part number. thanks grm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2005 pathfinder heater, View attachment 6175 can't seem to find this part or name of it, if im correct it is being sold as an assembly but i just need the valve, can someone tell me the name and part number. thanks grm
2005 pathfinder heater, View attachment 6175 can't seem to find this part or name of it, if im correct it is being sold as an assembly but i just need the valve, can someone tell me the name and part number. thanks grm
three days now and over a 100 looks and no one knows what this is?

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,767 Posts
It's called a "heater pump" and it's Nissan part # 92264-EA50B, which has been discontinued. To get it from Nissan, you have to purchase the whole heater hose/line assembly. It is available on the aftermarket, such as Gates # 41509E. Rockauto.com has it listed in the water pump section. It's used to help push the coolant through the heater core(s).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's called a "heater pump" and it's Nissan part # 92264-EA50B, which has been discontinued. To get it from Nissan, you have to purchase the whole heater hose/line assembly. It is available on the aftermarket, such as Gates # 41509E. Rockauto.com has it listed in the water pump section. It's used to help push the coolant through the heater core(s).
thank you very much, I'm not getting heat in the cabin i figured this might be the problem the hoses get hot on one side of the pump and not on the other thanks again grm

·
9,767 Posts
thank you very much, I'm not getting heat in the cabin i figured this might be the problem the hoses get hot on one side of the pump and not on the other thanks again grm
Most of the time, it's air trapped in the heater core that causes this and doing a coolant purge corrects this, but it's possible that the heater pump has failed. When purging, top off the coolant levels in the radiator and in the reservoir. Make sure the caps are on correctly; the cap with the spring goes on the coolant reservoir and the cap without a spring goes on the radiator. Jack up the front end of the vehicle as high as safely possible, or you can drive the front wheels on a set of ramps or park on a steep uphill, nose facing uphill. Start the engine and turn the front and rear (as applies) heaters to their hottest settings. Run the engine at 2500-3500 RPM for at least 10-minutes, or longer, as needed, until hot (approx. 140 degree F.) air is coming out of the heater vents. When done, lower the vehicle and turn off. Next time the engine is cold, double-check the coolant levels and top off as needed. Also, note the needle location in the coolant gauge when the engine is warmed up and also while driving. It should be almost dead center within the heat range. If you see it's staying near the cold side of the scale, you probably need a new thermostat (stick with genuine Nissan).

·
9,767 Posts
thanks for the information should you be able to hear or fill the pump running?
They don't make much noise. I've never tried, but you might be able to hear it using a stethoscope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts