Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 sentra warms up kind of slow, air coming from heater gradually gets warmer, then when temp guage gets the normal warmed up point (dead center between the C and H where it should be), the air coming from the heater is cool at best. Running the fan on higher speeds seems to make the air get colder. Put in a new thermostat several months ago, I dont think its that since the engine temp guage indicates all is well. Radiator leaks a little, I filled it up thinking that maybe a low amount of coolant would prevent the heater from doing its job. Still cool air. Could I have an air bubble or maybe the heater core is bad. Help, its getting real cold in Chicago these days. I dont want to have to donate old reliable just yet. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sound like you may have a blocked line. Try flushing out the entire coolant system and make sure it's purged well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the input, the radiator was low and it seems like topping it off did the trick. weird, the engine temp guage showed all well.

·
Traitor
249 Posts
My Sentra takes a long time to warm up too. In fact it never really gets very warm. The temp guage never even goes above the bottom line for me.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
For future reference, back flushing the core helps solve blockages in the core. Glad it wasn't anything major.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts