Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Doug "The Shoe"
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young QB, Casey Printers is headed south (old news, yes).

Source: TSN.ca

TSN said:
"With Printers, the CFL's outstanding player in 2004, agreeing to a three-year deal with the Chiefs, veteran Dave Dickenson will remain as the Lions starter.

TSN has learned that the three-year deal will pay Printers $1.03-million, with a signing bonus in excess of $100,000."

"Printers spent three seasons with the Lions. He was named the CFL's top player in 2004 when he took over for the injured Dickenson and threw for 5,088 yards and 36 touchdowns with just 10 interceptions. He also rushed for 469 yards and nine touchdowns.

But the seeds of Printers' discontent may have been sown that season when Printers was forced to watch from the sidelines as Dickenson went the distance in the Lions' 27-19 Grey Cup loss to the Toronto Argonauts in Ottawa."
I watched him here in BC, he did an amazing job when our starter went down. He was electrifying and tossed some amazing passes. If he continues to develope and eases into the NFL system, he could be a cornerstone franchise-type player.

Keep an eye on him.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
Trent Green has one of the best QB ratings in history (prior to this season)... and with no standout recievers, I think he'll keep his starting job.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
dry said:
Trent Green has one of the best QB ratings in history (prior to this season)... and with no standout recievers, I think he'll keep his starting job.
True... First lets see if this guy makes it past triaining camp and makes the roster... But it's a step in the right direction... at least he gets out of the "C" league...and "C" doesn't stand for Canadian ;)

A = NFL
B = NFL Europe - Meaning most have contracts with NFL teams and are prospects
C = CFL
D = Arena League

·
4,571 Posts
muchachomaloo said:
No way. Did it only get big recently?
It's big in Canada ;)

NFL players you might have heard of that started up there would be.... Warren Moon,Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie ( went back and forth a couple times), Rocket Ismail...

Lots of American college players go there after not being drafted in the NFL.. The odditiy in that would have been Rocket Ismail who signed a HUGE contract to play with Toronto after winning the Heisman at Notre Dame.. He played up there something like three years..

·
Doug "The Shoe"
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CFL is fairly large in Canada. I think our championship game, Grey Cup, has been around for 87 years or so, now.

CFL games draw around 30,000 people in 9 Canadian cities per city per game.

Obviously not NFL numbers, but, we are a country of 30 million, not 300 million. The league had some troubles in the late 80's and 90's but lately has been on the rebound.

And yes, I think a lot of young players try to use the CFL as a springboard for 3 or so years before they get into an NFL training camp. Some make it, some don't.

I think we use bigger balls, large fields and have the fieldgoal posts at the beginning of the end zone to help out all our C level players. ;)

·
4,571 Posts
Rain-Xx said:
I think we use bigger balls, large fields and have the fieldgoal posts at the beginning of the end zone to help out all our C level players. ;)
Finally an honest CFL fan :thumbup:

don't forget 3 downs instead of 4..

25 yard deep end zones... (imagine being on the 1yard line and having 25 yards of room to throw....wow)

in-motion player can be running towards the line at the snap.. ( crazy )

no fair catch rule ( suicide in the NFL )..so basically you have a lot of punts bouncing around...

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
myoung said:
in-motion player can be running towards the line at the snap.. ( crazy )
I love that about the Arena league. I wouldn't mind seeing that experimented with in the NFL.

·
poster
1,894 Posts
Hendrixx said:
I love that about the Arena league. I wouldn't mind seeing that experimented with in the NFL.
I would. It's a total disadvantage to the D backs but it does make it more interesting nonetheless. :hal:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts