Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup boys?I gota prob wit my stock headlights...They have a yellowish tent to them really bad...Is their anything i can do to put on them to make the tint go away?any help is appreciated..thanks

btw, how are xenon head light bulbs?thanks

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
hm, there was posts while back, i'd say search. but i dont evn do that myself . so just go buy this bottle called BLUE MAGIC . its by the tire shine products, but just rub it on, then whipe it off. do it a few times. should help alot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
StevenLK said:
hm, there was posts while back, i'd say search. but i dont evn do that myself . so just go buy this bottle called BLUE MAGIC . its by the tire shine products, but just rub it on, then whipe it off. do it a few times. should help alot.
i didnt know that stuff could come off will it look like new

·
Registered
851 Posts
can you just put the front lenses in the dishwasher??? (the glass piece)

·
Registered
391 Posts
They are plastic i'm pretty sure at least, and you'd have to go through alot of trouble to get the lens off. Just search in the car care area i've seen posts there about it, the buffer will definatley help!

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
new94 said:
They are plastic i'm pretty sure at least, and you'd have to go through alot of trouble to get the lens off. Just search in the car care area i've seen posts there about it, the buffer will definatley help!
actually,
>>>91-92 is GLASS lense and all u need to take it off is pop those little metal clips and they come off rite away.
>>>93-94 is plastic and they are held on by the clips ALSO some adhesive/caulk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried the Rubbing Compound today and it worked great...It made the yellow tint pretty much unnoticable and made the headlights and xenon markers a whole lot brighter :)..I also tried out something else..If any of you have a problem with getting wax on your molding around the windows or trunk put peanut butter on it and let it sit about 5-10 minutes..Take a clean rag and wipe it off and ta da no more wax..I read this in another thread and i couldnt believe it until i tried it..Just make sure you take your car and wash it afterwards.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a similar yellowing issue, that and they were just filthy with the weather here. I used some bumper gloss spray that we had at the shop that I work at. I cleaned off the lenses the best I could with a rag, and gave it to them with the spray. It not only cleaned off the yellowness, but dried on its own. I now have perfect looking, and performing lights. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts