Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DIMMER Switch

hey..

i need a dimmer switch.. does n-e-one know how to tear it apart and stuff?

n-e-instructions will be helpful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can pop out the dimmer adjuster by just pulling out the power window switches(b14 only, b13 switch is not the same and is not by the power window controls!) or any other like cruise control, and push the dimmer out.there are tabs on the dimmer and you can pop the cover off with a flat head. what is the problem you are having??? i grabbed an extra switch because my gauges were flickering but i figured out that the connecters were loose and they work fine now. hope this helps let me know if you need more help!

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
You don't even have to pop out the whole power mirror module, just remove the under dash panel on the driver's side and pop it out from the back. My connector was loose also. My trick to fix that was to pop off the switch cover to get easy access to the three prongs of the switch, then solder just a little bit of solder onto each pin to thicken them and make the connector fit tighter. Works like a champ for me. If it goes out again, I'm cutting off the connector and hardwiring the switch to the individual wires. But, so far problem free. Give it a try and save the $35 on a new dimmer. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts