Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the thing one nigth when I pulled up to my house I noticed my left headlight was out I figured it was burnt out and decided meh w/e time for som,e new headligths so I orderd some diamomnd cut HD's. k good a week or two i will have two ehadlights again. couple nigths alter I noticed that once again i had two ehadlights the left one was on again..... since then some nights I will have both headlights other nights only the right one. I figure it must be elctrical but what should I check any ideas thanks

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
try pulling GENTLY on the wires, and if one pulls out, then theres your problem, but it sounds like a loose wire.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k well i checked the plug that goes into the back of the headlight that was in fine, is that the wire you were talknig abot if not where is the other ones I should check thanks

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
look for any wires running to the plug you mentioned, and if you have to, bust out a multimeter, and measure the amps..

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
240droptop said:
k well i checked the plug that goes into the back of the headlight that was in fine, is that the wire you were talknig abot if not where is the other ones I should check thanks
When the headlight is burnt out, hit it with enough force to see if it comes on, headlights on my old Aerostar did that once in a while.
It is usually cause by corroded connections between the bulb and the headlight connection. This usually means time to replace the headlights, try some vasaline on the connections as well that will never hurt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts