Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does gt Styling (GTS) make headlight covers for the B14? I haven't seen any but want a set.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
use the cosmetic forum much?

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
I had a set on an earlier vehicle of mine, took it through the car wash one day and one of the covers blew off. Didn't know about it for 1/2 day. Hope they're the velcro type.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a set. I bought some on e-bay for 91-94 sentras but they must have been packaged wrong. these are for the "angled" headlights on the 95-up sentras and 200SXs. they're just laying around in my garage, have no real use for em.

Dan

·
cheese
618 Posts
blackmaxima88 said:
I have a set. I bought some on e-bay for 91-94 sentras but they must have been packaged wrong. these are for the "angled" headlights on the 95-up sentras and 200SXs. they're just laying around in my garage, have no real use for em.

Dan

how much you want for em? if you wanna sell, so he can buy em off ya

·
Registered
217 Posts
well lemme make sure that they're not scratched or anything. the guy refunded my money and told me to keep em cos of shipping costs. I'll let ya know.

Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you find them yet? I'm interested if the price is cheap enough for me..lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
^ I agree, then if you want the black out effect, smoke 'em with some spray on tint. It'll kinda look like the newer diamante's.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
HLBulldog said:
^ I agree, then if you want the black out effect, smoke 'em with some spray on tint. It'll kinda look like the newer diamante's.
trash the spray on tint (i have never seens a 100% perfect unpooled night shot) go to www.stickercity.com and get the vinyl smoke sticker stuff and use that. i belive its like that "cling on" window tint.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
dont use any of those spray on shit and tints for your headlights !! VERY NOT WISE !

it make your headlight light output WORSE than it already is stock.. do yourself a favor and pick up a set of the already pre smoked crystal clear h4 headlights for it just a better option!

im not trying to make a sale here im just here to advise you that if you add those tint crap youll see worse than you already do.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ wayyyyyy sexyer than any tint :thumbup:
also brighter with those H4 bulbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LIUSPEED said:
dont use any of those spray on shit and tints for your headlights !! VERY NOT WISE !

it make your headlight light output WORSE than it already is stock.. do yourself a favor and pick up a set of the already pre smoked crystal clear h4 headlights for it just a better option!

im not trying to make a sale here im just here to advise you that if you add those tint crap youll see worse than you already do.
I get a shit load of light from my stock heads and fogs.. i was really impressed with the stock lighting (buffed headlights and fogs)
I want a set of the diamond healights and corners, but they are a bit pricey. Very nice, but pricey.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
BlackNismo95 said:
I get a shit load of light from my stock heads and fogs.. i was really impressed with the stock lighting (buffed headlights and fogs)
I want a set of the diamond healights and corners, but they are a bit pricey. Very nice, but pricey.

And $45 for cheesy covers isn't pricey?

Like anything else, you will be much more satisfied if you save your money and do it right the first time... this holds true with cosmetics or performance parts..

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
myoung said:
And $45 for cheesy covers isn't pricey?

Like anything else, you will be much more satisfied if you save your money and do it right the first time... this holds true with cosmetics or performance parts..
yea, but i understand where he's coming from..........yet it still is a worth while investment. trust me these lights are even more impressive than stock "compund lens" lights. i have the stock 99 crystals that have the infamous "bar grill" (big fan btw :thumbup: ) and just having the clear lens is an improvement its self! i know because a friend has a 97 with the compound lens. but with the h4 bulbs on top of that it will be a night and day differance (some what of a pun there) so save up and go for it. :thumbup:

p.s. i would suggest that when you get them find some sort of a clear polymer film to put over the lens to protect it from rock chips and what have you. :( mine look pretty rough from highway driving and you will want to protect and investment like that.

p.s.s. you can never put a price on great lighting :thumbup:

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
BlackNismo95 said:
buffin does well ... but if you wanted the tint effect over the entire outer part of your lense your just harming the light output as it is.

sure it may seem bright now but once that tint goes on it significantly goes down in brightness...

and reason being the crystal is so high is because it not cheaply made. it pretty nice quality and durable unlike most of the reg frosted clear corners on ebay.

·
Registered
217 Posts
okay, I found mine. they're not scratched or anything. still in the box. they're not clear -- they're smoked to almost a complete blackout. i.e. you'll get no light shining through. I had a set on my black 88 maxima cos it looked sweet during the day. I'm just lettin ya know... they're completely smoked. still somewhat clear, but not for night time use.

let me know if you're still interested.

Dan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts