Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Former B13 owner...
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how I would go about getting the inside of my left and right headlights cleaned? There's like a thin layer of dirt/debris that's formed along the top half on the lens of each headlight. I was going to take apart the headlights but I was told not to do that cause water condensation would form inside the headlights. Feedback on this issue would be much appreciated.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Well i had dirt on my headlights and I used Blue Magic. ITs in a white bottle that you can get at any local autoparts store. Its good but you have to spend some time, about 15-20 minutes on each headlight to get them really clean. You can see results in the first buffing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The 93-94 plastic headlamps are sealed, so the build-up should be on the outside. I had a similar problem on my car also, my lights were a bit cloudy and yellow. Try the blue magic plastic cleaner/scratch remover it works very good. It will take some time and a few applications but it works. Then follow that up with a good plastic polish, i used some eagle one plastc polish/protectant and my headlamps look clean and clear again. Good luck...:)

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
i got in a accedent in dec. 2001, it wasnt bad.. just mah left front head light and korner broke, but i got new ones. and 2 days ago i clean'd it with that blue magic stuff. it look like new. seriously.. it works! i even cleaned my new one , and it lookd even new'er... ThaNkz tO >Technokid<

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
i think he sed at any auto store.. i went to the closest autozone and bought mine. look for a wite bottle blue label... dont ask them i did and they sed the never had it in stock. then i found it.. or it just must b the lazy workers in my town.. ... auto zone, o'reily, or whatever.. has it .....

>> blue magic plastic cleaner/scratch remover..

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Blue Magic

hhmm... i've checked practically every auto store in my aera and no one carries this stuff! i havn't tried the super wallmart yet. maybe they will have it there. i really don't like wallyfart.

·
340 Posts
i found them at pepboys

and so i get back to my car. yea my car is a 93, but it difenetely has glass headlights. not plastic, like the sidemarkers. boy that blows. no one has any at the junkyards and new ones a 130 each. shit

·
Registered
638 Posts
Never seen a 93-94 sentra with glass headlamps, only the 91-92. Your 93 must be one of a kind! Or maybe it's a 92 ?:)

·
340 Posts
ok, well then this confirms my theroy. way before i got this car. infact not even a year after it was built (march 93) this car was in a front end accident. the origional owner then sold the car to get a bigger one. the scond owner is who i got it from. it appears that when the car was repaired, an older front clip, we think we traced it down to a 92. was used. which is in fact illigeal to do, at least in Maine.

years later after they are all worn and fogged and yellow, i try to replace them and run into a big major headache. so my 93 has a 92 front clip. you guys just reassured that. question is, will plastic headlights fit in a 92?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well since nissan wants $165 each for 93-94 headlamps and another $65 for the grill, it will be cheaper to go with the mexican headlamp upgrade. I think Greg V from Mossy Nissan sells the kit for about $350. Just something to consider, when you're ready to do the swap... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts