Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 98 200sx. I was at work the other day and left my lights on all day can came out to a dead battery. I realized that there was no chime to remind me that my lights were on as i opened the door. I was wondering if this was a feature that didnt come on this car or whether it was something that needs to be fixed. I have it at the dealer right now and they're saying "we arent sure if this car had that feature". I think its maybe a cop-out, but i wanted to be sure. Anyone know???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 95 200sx. I went out and turned my lights on just now and there was no chime. But if I open the door with the key in the ignition, there is a chime. That doesn't make any sense to me, and I've never really noticed it before. But I know the chiming when the door opens comes from a little white box on the back of the instrument cluster. Maybe mine is not working properly either. Would like to hear others input as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i got a 95 sentra base... plain jane (with some upgrades) and the chime works when the door is opened with the key in the ignition, also it works with the lights on with no key, but beeps faster.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dead batt. No chime?

BlackNismo95 said:
i got a 95 sentra base... plain jane (with some upgrades) and the chime works when the door is opened with the key in the ignition, also it works with the lights on with no key, but beeps faster.
I have a 97 and same here. I only chimes with lights on if the door is open or the key is out. That is normal.
No chime at all is not normal.
You probabally didn't notice the chime if you open and close the door quickly but it's not like "loud" or anything.

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DanTheMan said:
I have a 97 and same here. I only chimes with lights on if the door is open or the key is out. That is normal.
No chime at all is not normal.
You probabally didn't notice the chime if you open and close the door quickly but it's not like "loud" or anything.
Ok, thanks everyone! I cant tell you guys how much time and money this forum has saved me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts