Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few questions..
1. HOw good/how much gain can i expect with the popular Pacesetter Header vice one from Hotshot? The Pace setters are $150, hotshot $425.
2. If i choose one of these Headers, will i need to install a new catalytic converter under the cat?

I''ve already put a 2inch pipe on my 95 GXE automatic, HS CAI, and next i'm looking into putting a header in, but i'm tryin' to make some informed decisions here w/o waisting money on the trial and error method. Thanks for any advice given.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
I'm going to move this to the GA16DE forum from the B14 Chassis forum so it doesn't cause any confusion with the SE-R owners.

I don't think anyone's going to be able to give you a definitive answer for your first question. I don't know as if anyone has posted a dyno graph for the pacesetter header. If you do some searching you'll turn up some reviews and info on both headers however. The hotshot will give you more power however.

For question #2, probably not with your car. If the existing converter is OK it won't need replaced.

You should do some searching on these forums too. This topic has come up quite a few times. Sentra.net has good info too: pay particular attention to Kojima's Garage where you can find some dyno numbers for the hotshot. And don't forget NissanPerformanceMag.com.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i havent seen ANY dyno charts for certain mods here or there...there should be a dyno section for sentra parts.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
GundamONE said:
i havent seen ANY dyno charts for certain mods here or there...there should be a dyno section for sentra parts.
There is:

Sentra.net
SE-R.net
NissanPerformanceMag.com

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the Feedback.. I will definately do more research as I am interested in doing some power gain mods on my car.

Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HS is dyno proven!!! pacesetter tends to crack after a few years...
cheap ass headers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts