Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at some headers But I noticed that most of them only have a significant increase in power once above 6k to redline in RPMs. I don't wanna Redline my engine just to get a nice boost so are there any Headers that would be nice for the lower RPM ranges? Also would a JWt Cam help any?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge I'm fairly new to cars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you have a 1.6L the headers help all the way through the rpm and for JWT cams i would only put those on if you plan on going turbo or have done every bolt on mods.

Get an intake, then headers, 2in exhaust, flywheel if manual and mine as well put a new clutch while doing the flywheel. new throttle body cams then turbo and you will be quick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
alright thankyou. I got the limited edition.?
oh and as far as I know, the clutch is bran spankin new but its no race clutch. just the average joe

oh and also which intake would you suggest? i looked at K&N but they don't have any for the 1.6l

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is it an auto?
because if it is and you want to get the most out of the car, seeing how you don't know much about cars, sell it and put your money into something else. you will spend to much money on shops putting in the mods and still want more.
I have an LE auto but am going to do a tranny swap soon

and for the intake do a serach at the top of the website there are tons of different threads on all these bolt on mods.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,223 Posts
I have been looking at some headers But I noticed that most of them only have a significant increase in power once above 6k to redline in RPMs. I don't wanna Redline my engine just to get a nice boost so are there any Headers that would be nice for the lower RPM ranges? Also would a JWt Cam help any?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge I'm fairly new to cars.
There are basically two header designs:
The Tri-Y design helps to retain the low to medium speed torque; it's the ideal street header. The 4-1 header design is really more for high RPM competition use.

You might want to check into the PaceSetter and Hotshot headers which are a TRI-Y design.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
who still has them available? Hotshot is out, maybe used units. The pacesetter, well, its the old hotshot design, and you can get them ceramic coated. They have improved the welds from people black listing the company and bad publicity, so they have stepped up the notch a bit.

I don't know about OBX. some say ok, other say forget about them. fitment issues and quality of steel used.

You need the intake, the header and exhaust for full effects
The JWT CAMS, ECU with VTC board installed.
fidanza flywheel and JWT or other clutch disc and pressure plate
UR pully's if you can find them out there.
1995 SR20 Throttle body, plugs right in and you have 60mm bore.

Go deep into motor and high compression pistons and rods with good ARP bolts.
Head porting and polishing will help the flow and make the cams work better.
Extrude/hone the intake plenum- you get about 3 hp, not alot.

Turbo: kits still out there? or custom with JWT turbo ECU and injectors
maybe people have the hotshot kits for sale out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts