Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are Weapon R headers any good for the 01 Sentra se?..if not...what would you recommend that are 01 Sentra SE 2.0 compatible??

·
Registered
89 Posts
rselah25 said:
are Weapon R headers any good for the 01 Sentra se?..if not...what would you recommend that are 01 Sentra SE 2.0 compatible??
i think HotShot performance may be able to help you. i dont much care for Weapon R either

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ill check into hotshot...but another Q...is OBXracing any good? my friend has an obxracing headers on his car and they seem to be pretty good, and have a nice tone to it....

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
weapon R= crap. OBX/ss autochrome/stone racing=crap

try looking at the vendor websites bro.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will the headers that are labeled for yrs 02-04 fit an 01 SE.... if not are the exhaust line-ups like different or anything....or they just wont mount (fit) correctly?....because ive done my searches on internet...and it seems like there are a ton of headers for 02-04 but hardly any that fit the 01 SE...

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
lose the S after header. it's header, singular, not plural. you only have 1 header on a 4cyl.

no they won't fit. only a header MADE for the 2000 and 2001 SR20 2.0L will fit.

you've been here since september and you haven't learned to search yet? I'm getting close to closing this thread.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
go for the hotshot, it's one of the only ones actually made FOR this car (02+ won't fit) and it's high quality

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
WR is probably the crappiest riceist maker of products out their. They and their dragon intakes can go into a corner, go HotShot. IIRC they released a full stainless header w/ downpipe for the SR20.

http://hotshot.com/hotshotheaders/ns3016.html
That is the hot shite. Dont be fooled by cheap imitations; gains wont be as much and the build will definately be inferior.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info.....ill look into hotshot.....i didnt really know if the other types of header(s) out there were good or not because i have some friends that have some "not of the bigname headers" and they seem to work good...thanks tho for all yalls help.....im gonna try n save up for it and try and get it by summer (well late may at latest)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the hotshot site...they say that they recommend non-stock camshafts...and 3" exhaust...for the header...i dont plan on getting a 3" exhaust(i plan to get 2.5), and the camshafts...and was curious if the hotshot headers would still work and like not destroy the engine or somethin? I dont plan on upgrading my car to be the most powerful...i just want the bolt-on performance upgrades and that about it....and i want to get a header that would work in my area of interest...:-/

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
they're just saying to get the most out of the header you need a large exhaust and cams. The header will work just fine without either of those, you just won't get as much power.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyway i found a hotshot header on NOPIonline.com or is it ptuning.com ... well its one of those sites and it comes with downpipe (its a 4-2-1) n stuff for like 400$...sounds like a good deal

·