Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know that HS headers are HIGHLY favored on this forum. However, what header would be 2nd best to hot shot.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
I already know that HS headers are HIGHLY favored on this forum. However, what header would be 2nd best to hot shot.
Honestly this question has been asked like 10 time in the last 45 days. Please search this topic as in all honesty it is probably the MOST ASKED question on the forums.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
chimmike said:
a used hotshot
hahahahahaha

but he's right.

Look around and you'll spend about 250 or so on one. 212 shipped is what mine came out to be.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wes said:
Honestly this question has been asked like 10 time in the last 45 days. Please search this topic as in all honesty it is probably the MOST ASKED question on the forums.
ok i looked around and found alot about weapon r and obx. but havent seen much about pacesetter. lets hear some opions.(other than the typical Hot Shot is the best)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did i not say i want an opinion on PACE SETTER. I DONT GIVE A RIP about over rated hot shot.

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
did i not say i want an opinion on PACE SETTER. I DONT GIVE A RIP about over rated hot shot.
sorry bro but they're not overrated just about anyone that knows about performance with nissans knows that hotshot has nissans number its the only way to go.

Don

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Twiz said:
Who's Pace Setter? Never heard of it
pacesetter sorry smartass

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Really, with all of the testing that has gone on with Hotshot, I'd go with one. I know there are a couple of them for sale in the classifieds right now. Pacesetter is probably better than stock, but no where close to hotshot.

Listen to the boys, they know there stuff, especially Mike, Wes, Brandon.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
how much is their header ? 100 bucks... do you really expect any gains ? Don't they make that black painted catback that runs for 149 bucks. I like DC sports a lot... I know a friend with a Honda has had one for quite some time and it's in mint condition. They don't make a header for our cars.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
If you're not happy with hearing just hotshot, sign on to e-bay, and buy an OBX/Weapon R/Pace setter.

Support a company that supports our niche, and gives the most performance out of any header for our cars out there - Hotshot.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
and you'll also be buying 2 or 3 headers instaed of just the one hotshot.

Please tell us what makes hotshot overrated?

The fact that it is made of the highest quality materials?
The fact that it is proven to give 8 peak HP?
The fact that they're on their 4th or 5th generation to make sure that they stay the highest quality?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok im sorry it just gets on my nerves hearing hot shot over and over and over and over again. However, i understand that they make the best header for the GA16. I just wanted opinions on the other options, because i already know the opinions on hot shot. Ok that being said, i will probably end up getting a HS header, but since my cat is attached directly to the manifold, will i have to get a new cat or can i just leave the cat off?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
ok im sorry it just gets on my nerves hearing hot shot over and over and over and over again. However, i understand that they make the best header for the GA16. I just wanted opinions on the other options, because i already know the opinions on hot shot. Ok that being said, i will probably end up getting a HS header, but since my cat is attached directly to the manifold, will i have to get a new cat or can i just leave the cat off?
OK you are proving that you really don't care about learning things for yourself. NPM project 1.6 covers this VERY subject and what you need to to do to figure it out...

You get sick of hot shot this and hot shot that. I get sick of people wanting their questions answered and not spending ANY time researching what people have worked hard to document so that you have the answers...

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
meangreen200sx said:

You have a few options.

First off if you don't care about getting a SES/CE light and don't have emitions testing you don't have to worry about it.

However, the best way to do it is to get the hotshot header, then a cat off an SR20 (higher flowing then the GA16 cat as well)

You can get the cat off the www.sr20forum.com for around 50 or 60 shipped usually.
Do you already have an exhaust? If not get yourself a 2" exhaust, and you'll need to have the 2nd o2 sensor extened and welded into place AFTER that cat. This will allow you to run without having your SES/CE light com on. (this applies for federal models with the cat in the manifold)

I'm going to assume that for the non federal models that the o2 sensor isa already extened that far out having to be past the 2nd cat?

Anyways your always going to hear "hot shot this and hotshot" because it simply is the best for SEVERAL reasons.

They make everything top of the line and spare no expense, however you are going to see it as well.

But because of this you can buy a used header without any worries (I got mine used, its a generation 2 and they are on like 4, 5, or 6 now) and it is in perfect condition, there isn't a spot of rust not a single crack, and does great.

If you go with a cheap knock off, you could easily get rust, cracks, and end up having to replace it several times. So even if you go new your looking at like 450 for the hotshot and being done. If you decided to get a 200$ header in 2 or 3 years you could be replacing it, now your up to the same cost as the hotshot, but your having to get back under the car and remove it (if you don't do it yourself add labor and your over)

Saying hotshot is overrated is honestlly the most ignorant thing that I think I've heard since I've been on this board. Don't take it as an insult, ignorant means "lack of education or knoledge" which is obvious by your statement was.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wes said:
OK you are proving that you really don't care about learning things for yourself. NPM project 1.6 covers this VERY subject and what you need to to do to figure it out...

You get sick of hot shot this and hot shot that. I get sick of people wanting their questions answered and not spending ANY time researching what people have worked hard to document so that you have the answers...
I did read. and i saw that you may not pass emissions without a cat but im from texas and they do not do emissions tests around here. so i was wondering if everything would even go together without a cat.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts