Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
If your low on funds and dont care about quality, and squeezing all the available HP out of your motor with the HEADER, then get the pacesetter. Im not for sure but I think the pacesetter header is a one piece, and if it is it will be pain in the ass to install.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
depending on the year and whether its a cali or fed model, you might have trouble with the egr fittin right

·
Slashie
394 Posts
I bought one and the install sucked. I highly recommend you don't buy it. It doesn't fit very well, and doesn't look as cool.

The front O2 sensor presses heavilly against the front fan housing, and might I say, good luck with the EGR tube.... I wrestled with that for four hours before I gave up, sent it back, and bought a hotshot.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
also, look around the classifieds on "that other site" *cough* sr20forum.com *cough* it seems you can always find what you need there. but you need to buy it fast because there are many others that want to buy it too.

·
Slashie
394 Posts
1.6pete said:
also, look around the classifieds on "that other site" *cough* sr20forum.com *cough* it seems you can always find what you need there. but you need to buy it fast because there are many others that want to buy it too.
This is waaaay off topic, but its something so weird, I had to ask.

Does my name show up in the signature his post ^^^^^^ to anyone else, or is it all your respective names? If its all your names, how the heck did he do that. If its just my name, why the sudden interest in selling me shocks, (if I had $345+whatever, you'd have it btw... but I have to get my car running first...)

I'm selling a used header. I'll see if I can get some screenshots up on the classified ad.

You wont regret getting a hotshot. Its way easier than the pacesetter. Install it well though and make sure there is a cat in there somewhere....

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
I was wondering about the name, too! Wicked...
I tried to buy a header from chops, but he never replied... so be careful and persistant. Remember that it's common courtesy to either tell somebody that somethings sold (sellers)-or- to tell them if you've changed your mind and dont want it (buyers).
BTW, Hotshot all the way!!!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
stevja1 said:
Does my name show up in the signature his post ^^^^^^ to anyone else, or is it all your respective names? If its all your names, how the heck did he do that. If its just my name, why the sudden interest in selling me shocks, (if I had $345+whatever, you'd have it btw... but I have to get my car running first...)
....sure does get your attention eh? thats the idea, the more we get for our GB the better prices we get..nothing better then seeing your name in an advertisment right?

sorry for the OT.

if you dont like the fitting of the pace setter but dont like the price of the HS, look on ebay for the weapon R 2 peice. its stainless steal so it wont rust.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i've been looking at HS headers and really dont like the price. I have a 95 200sx
with the 1.6 engion and MT. Will the PS headers fit under the hood right? (only
have $500 and found out that the cv joints need replaced so there gos at least
$300 of it)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
trust me you dont want a pacesetter, they will rust out within 2 years or less

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
regardless, the paint will come off and the material will rust, my hotshot is a little rusted due to the elements, but i have had it on for bout a year, i would wait till you have enough to get a hotshot, a gb comes along or you can find a used one

·
Slashie
394 Posts
psuLemon said:
trust me you dont want a pacesetter, they will rust out within 2 years or less
Listen to him. Its not worth the trouble. You'll wind up worse that you started off. Man, he's got tons of posts too.... Jeeze.

Check out these classifieds:
http://www.nissanforums.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1642&sort=1&cat=5&page=1
http://www.nissanforums.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1218&sort=1&cat=5&page=1
http://www.nissanforums.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1208&sort=1&cat=5&page=1

The first two are older generations but will be better than the pacesetter. The last is a new generation and should rock. I would honestly buy that one if I already didn't have one. It's $250.... amazing deal.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
^besides, the man above me has a hotshot header for sale, look at his sig

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
zachmccool said:
what if befor instilationg i remove the factory paint and re paint with a hi-temp
paint to protect the headers from moister?
i dont know of any high temp paint that will work directly on a header/manifold. i painted my factory manifold heat sheild because it was rusting up pretty bad. well it started to melt and you could smell it all the time.....now i have no heat sheild at all.

im sure my nuts will be ripped off by the loyal but look at the weapon R 2 peice on ebay, it is stainless so it wont rust and the 2 peice alows you an "easy" instal.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
yes yoiu can ge a weapon rice, people say its ok for a knock off, but look at my man above, he has one for sale

1 - 20 of 46 Posts