Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be doing both the exhaust and header in less than two months from now, and i was wondering if anyone had a specific header they'd suggest?

here comes the hard part: preferrably a header that isn't too expensive (less than 500), and doesn't require removal of the pre-cat, as i have to worry about an emissions sticker. and obviously, don't recommend a header that has a terrible hp gain or bad rep.

thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
i'll be doing both the exhaust and header in less than two months from now, and i was wondering if anyone had a specific header they'd suggest?

here comes the hard part: preferrably a header that isn't too expensive (less than 500), and doesn't require removal of the pre-cat, as i have to worry about an emissions sticker. and obviously, don't recommend a header that has a terrible hp gain or bad rep.

thanks!
Question: Does the area you live in do sniffer checks or just hooks up to your OBDII port?

-Getting rid of the pre-cat is a must. The only available aftermarket header w/ a pre-cat is the Nismo which can still break up and jack up your engine. You MUST get rid of the pre-cat for the longevity of your engine. You can get pass a sniffer test IF you keep the second cat or get a high flow cat welded into an aftermarket mid-pipe. If your area only does an OBDII test then you can get rid of the SES light by using o2 spacers. That's the main reason why i ask what test does your area perform.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Headers usually dont add that much power, unless you're making a lot of power already. If you want performance you can feel get performance clutch or maybe a shot of nitrous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts