Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to replace the header on my 05 Spec-V. After much reading on this forum, I don't want to fall victim to the pre-cat failure so many others have complained about. The General Info thread by Zac has been a great help in reading up on who offers headers for the B15. I'm looking for input on which headers people like the best.

I have found a lot of no name headers on ebay and I want to stay away from them. Money is tight right now, so I was looking at Megan or OBX headers on ebay and the net. Does anyone have good things to say about either of these headers?

I was really interested in the HotShot header, but it seems as though they aren't making anything right now? The site stated that the owner was getting out of the business. Does anyone know if they are still selling the header for the B15? The price on the site is $346 which seems like a good price.

I would really like to go with the Nismo header although it is very costly. I guess what I really want to know is if the HotShot header is still available anywhere, or does anyone know where to buy a Nismo header for a good price?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I went to the local Nissan Dealer today. I asked them to do a check in their system (using the VIN) of any recall work that might have been done. They said the ECU had been reprogrammed at one point. They said there were no outstanding recalls for my 05 Spec V. I didn't know if the later B15's had better precats?

Also, the butterfly valve screws recall didn't come up. I read somewhere that later 05's had upgraded screws. Does anyone know the manufacture date cutoff for the better screws? Could my 05 be new enough to have the better screws? (Date of Manufacture 10/21/04)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts