Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stone racing headers and y pipe and recently developed an exhaust leak where the y pipe bolts to the header. Upon inspection I have blown out the gasket. I cannot replace it with the stock ring as it wont fit. Any ideas where I can find a replacement?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aparently this is a very special gasket, because no one I can find has one even remotly close to it. The only thing I seem to find that looks like it could work is one off a DOHC 3rd gen. But I havent been able to hold one and compare. Ive tried Midas, mineke, advance, auto zone, pep boys, napa, and about 7 other custom exhaust/muffler places in the charlotte area to no avail. Even the place I got them from said they couldnt get extras. :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried searching the web for contact info for stone racing, but came up empty. I went to one place and found a roll of cork that the guy said could be used to custom cut exhaust gaskets, but im kind of skeptical about the cork idea. I would love to be able to contact stone racing but as I said I cant get any contact info. Any other ideas?

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
call the place you bought the headers from and have them get you the contact info for Stone Racing.. Stone Racing is in the UK, btw...

the header flange gasket for a gen 3 dohc is a ~2" crush ring.
If you need some of those, call your local nissan dealer. some exhaust shops have them, but they're special order.

or you could just do it the redneck way and glue the thing together with RTV silicone. they aren't too horrible to pull apart later if needed, and don't leak.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried the RTV (redneck way) and I don't think the temp rating was high enough, so its leaking again. Ill try to get back to stone racing through the distributor, but until then what do think about the cork? im willing to try anything now!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts