1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to find a header for the e16
pacesetter and S&S no longer make them. Any one that
has one that is no longer needed. I'm begging over here
folks. Any information would be greatly appreacated.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
I haven't heard of another company, I was thinking about, but then I bought a turbo manifold, so buying a header would have been a waste down the road. If you have a shop nearby maybe they can fabricate something for you, but its going to cost $$$. Maybe in Mexico or Austraila?

·
just rattle can it
453 Posts
I'm surprised S&S stopped making them...I must have gotten the last one. What you can do that's a vast improvement over the manifold you have now is use the one from an E16i. It doesn't have the big pre-cat and flows better than yours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am going to fab up my own I have been welding for almost 3 years and I am pretty sure I could do it. anyway I need A LOT of pics of ones that work and ones that didnt work and why.. does anyone have anyhting like that?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
NissanNiNjA said:
I am going to fab up my own I have been welding for almost 3 years and I am pretty sure I could do it. anyway I need A LOT of pics of ones that work and ones that didnt work and why.. does anyone have anyhting like that?
Oh man, if you did I bet you could even sell a few ;)

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
yea i also email s&s and they dont make them anymore paceheader dosent either you can try paeco there 4cly headers start at $190 they will make anything you need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everbody

thanks for the info everybody. much appreciated.
just for giggles the mod list goes like this so far.
ditched hopless elctronic p.o.s. carb,replaced with weber
ditched stock exhaust system- later model exh. manifold
2 1/4" all the way back through a 3" cherry bomb(raspy
doesnt even cover it)
massive porting and polishing(wheres that water jacket?...
oops) of intake, exhaust and head, unshrouded valves ect.
head been decked .015, custom cam .222/.222 @.050
.400 lift 106 cntr.
If I guessed right this should give me about 10/1 static
and about 9/1 actual c/r. :dumbass:
It might run it might just go KABOOM.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
the only thing i can found wierd about your setup is 2 things...

- e15et head over a E16 block with a mild cam.: the valve may hit the pistons !!... thats why nismo sold piston with valve reliefs.. did you got some machined ??

- shaving the head that much will affect cam timing !! : got a costum adjustable timing pulley ??

definitaly, you should be making a few horse more than stock... :) is it running yet ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slotted it

I hand slotted cam gear(major pain), offset dowl pin 2 time cam.
I'm still using e16 head, not the 15 head, had head combustion chamber machined dwn to 20cc's and using .038(compress'd) head gasket. Like I said it should work in theory. Or maybe KABOOM.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
ok then, it should work pretty good... those head got valve pretty much shrouded should flow a lot better :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts