Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. I have a 97 GXE that I have an OBX CAI and a PS catback. I bought an OBX header and have not put it on yet. I was just about to and I got thinking about inspection issues. I need to "legally" have a cat on. I dont want any inspection or cop issues. Can I get away with it? I know alot of people do. I saw THIS on the Bay. I was wondering if it would be wise to splice it in my exhaust pipe. DO you this I will be throwing ECU codes?

Thanx for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the same obx cat on my car, with the obx header,and cai.and no it doesnt throw any ecu codes..hasnt on mine. and its been on over a year now

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the same obx cat on my car, with the obx header,and cai.and no it doesnt throw any ecu codes..hasnt on mine. and its been on over a year now
So you put that cat after your headers? What size wheels do you have? How is your ground clearence?

I am running the stock 13"'s. Im not into rice at all and like the sleeper look. Also, the cops/theives dont look at you twice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah the cat is after the header but not connected to the header itself. and my wheels are 14s and the clearance of my car sucked and is now looking stock and keeping it that way

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the cat is after the header but not connected to the header itself. and my wheels are 14s and the clearance of my car sucked and is now looking stock and keeping it that way
Do you have any pics of your clearence with that set up? You say "it is looking stock. Did you go back to the factory set up? My GXE is low enough with the 13"'s. I'm in Maine, the frost heaves are ruthless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts