Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anything tricky to replacing head gasktets? What are some good strong head gaskets for an upgrade? It isn't leaking o anything as far as I can tell, but I figure there is a chance it is going to go soon as the valve cover and oil pan gaskets are leaking. Also, are there any upgrades for the valve cover gasket and oil pan? Would that be useful? TIA!

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
It should not start leaking even if those others are. It would be a waste to replace if it was not broken. There are no aftermarket gaskets avail., you woul dhave to contact Cometic or someoe to have one made. You can have a thinner gasket made toslightly raise compression. Again, a waste unless yours was leaking/blown. As for the other gaskets, use the OEM ones.

As for replacement it is quite tricky, taeks quite a bit of time as the entire cylinder head has to be removed.

The oil pan uses RTV or a liquid gasket, nothing fancy about it and no upgrade or use in upgrading.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks wes. I was pretty sure the head gasket would be tricky and a waste, I just wanted verification. I've heard nissan gaskets are pretty good, so I'll be using those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts