Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I reinstalled the head, got the cams timed just right & torqued in place, I find out that some of the head bolt washers are not installed correctly. The manual states to be sure to install them with the angled edge facing up. Anyone know what would happen if I just leave it as is?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,220 Posts
No, but think about it, the area that you are clamping the head down with in the Aluminum is now less, so the local stress is higher.
Does this matter? I assume that if Nissan could use a smaller cheaper washer they would have.
So i say remove the all bolts and re -assemble. but that's just my opinion, and it is worth what you are paying me for it

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Bringing an old thread back from the dead...
Had the head for my GA16DE in the shop getting resurfaced last week. Didn't notice that the head bolt washers were missing until I got around to start throwing it together today. Can't blame the shop 'cause they'll likely say that I lost them sometime in the past week.
I checked Courtesy Parts.
~$46 parts+shipping...
Sounds like an awful lot for 10 washers, even though they're hardened, beveled, and everything else.
Any other cheaper, swell solutions out there? If not, screw it, I'll just order them from Courtesy and call it good.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
try mcmaster-carr ??

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
try mcmaster-carr ??
Wow! I've never heard of these guys. Neat selection of...stuff...and stuff is ALWAYS good...
Now then, if I only knew EXACTLY what the original washers were made, dimensions, etc, I'd be set.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
you have a washer ?
measure it, doesnt have to be beveled on the top, same dia and thickness, hardened steel washer.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I was just about to reply that I had lost (misplaced) all of them...
And then it hit me where I had left them!!! And sure enough...there they were...in the 'fridge! Right next to the case of Mt.Dew I had placed in there 3 days ago.
Freekin' amazing how that works ain't it?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Ya know...if I was smart, I'd store everything next to the Dew in the fridge...'cause then I'd know exactly where everything was and never lose anything!
It's amazing how many times I've left my car keys right next to the Dew in the fridge...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts