Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both the Haynes and the FSM state 47 ft/lbs. This seems incredibly low to me. Most other turbo engines in my experience run closer to 60+. Would I be taking it too far to go a few lbs more? I'm thinking 55.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
If the FSM says 47. The highest I would go is 50

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
SKD_Tech said:
If the FSM says 47. The highest I would go is 50
I would go with the FSM SKD in other words 47. There is a reason it is what it is. Just like the order in which you tighten, and the steps you follow.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
JAMESZ said:
I would go with the FSM SKD in other words 47. There is a reason it is what it is. Just like the order in which you tighten, and the steps you follow.
True but he sounded like he was going to go higher. So I said 50 max.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JAMESZ said:
Headblt torque that low is a bit ridiculous though. Supra Mk3s were blowing headgaskets at 50 ft/lbs, why would I expect my engine to hold 15+ psi at 47........

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Headblt torque that low is a bit ridiculous though. Supra Mk3s were blowing headgaskets at 50 ft/lbs, why would I expect my engine to hold 15+ psi at 47........
The stock head gaskets are capable of holding upwards of 40psi of boost supossedly. Remember we have the good VG30ET not the crappy 7M...

Factory says 47 I would go 47.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JAMESZ said:
The stock head gaskets are capable of holding upwards of 40psi of boost supossedly. Remember we have the good VG30ET not the crappy 7M...

Factory says 47 I would go 47.
VG30, 7M, KA24.......... all started life as truck engines. ;) One reason why they deliver much torque and don't like to rev. The 7M is every bit as good as the rest.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47

if the factory service manual says 47 then there is a reason.

·
1,541 Posts
so youre finally getting around to fixing that thing?

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
0341TODD said:
so youre finally getting around to fixing that thing?
Sounds like it is either fixed now or will be done by tomorrow.

His is alive and mine is down again.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JAMESZ said:
Sounds like it is either fixed now or will be done by tomorrow.

His is alive and mine is down again.
And since it's snowing it'll be delayed a bit longer. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JAMESZ said:
SNOW????? It's 60 degrees here...
6 inches here, about 20 degrees. Probably finish it next Sunday, I work the rest of the week.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
A very nice 72 degrees today;)

·
1,541 Posts
ditto- I have a t-shirt and shorts on LOL

(oh yeah, thats all year round:)

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well lets see............a little snow............ or hurricanes. Think I'll take a little snow every now and then, in exchange for not having to get my car off my neighbors roof several times a year. ;)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Well lets see............a little snow............ or hurricanes. Think I'll take a little snow every now and then, in exchange for not having to get my car off my neighbors roof several times a year. ;)

Yeah but at least you don't have to buy one down the road;) Insurance foos!

·
1,541 Posts
TOU'CHE MY FRIEND......TOU'CHE!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lol... man i wish i could talk like that it's snow where i come from for a good 6 months and it gets reallllyyyyy COLD! welcome to canada eh? ahah. just a random input i laughed at this so thought ah wth. :p

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
Do you happen to realize this thread is 5 years old? Why are you posting in it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts