Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows it giong everyone,
i have a 89 240 with a ka24e and i just changed the alternator and valve cover gasket seal. lately its been takin a while to turn over, then itll start up but it loses revs and dies. i thougth it was becuase its cold but its still diong it. if i rev it a little bit it runs fine. but earlier today it wouldnt turn over at all. i kept startin it and givin it gas and after about 10 minutes it started. i figured it has something to do with starter but im not sure. i was wandering if anyone could tell me what the problem is before it gets too bad. any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
if it starts, and loses revs, then dies, its not the starter, if it was the starter you would know, because it wouldnt do what the starter was intended to do, START. turn the key to ON, not crank it, just turn the key to on, and listen to see if you hear the fuel pump, its just a slight humming sound, so listen close, or have a friend help, if you hear it, then its a whole nother issue, but if you dont hear it, your pump is gone, like mine was, so you have to bite the bullet and pay a whole $100+ to get it running..

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
it might, you have to describe what its doing, is it clicking? or is it doing nothing? if its doing nothing, check your fuses first, i had a grand total of 5 blown fuses today, so always check them. replace any that have blown, and try again, if it still does nothing, check the wiring for obvious damage, and if none is visible, scream, and curse it up and down, then make way to the store, but be sure you have a fairly large wallet, try again, if it wants to turn over, try the fuel pump again, hopefully it isnt the fuel pump, because the gas fumes make you wanna pass out, AND DONT SMOKE AROUND IT, i found that out the hard way today, i had a smoke in my mouth, and woosh, the old sock is up in flames.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engine cranking but not turning over. my guess for now would be a bad fuse, my buddys car was diong the same thing, he replaced the fuse and it worked for about a year until he had to replace the starter. ill check everything tommorow and see what happens. thanks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts