Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My X-Trail could not start, just giving click sound and and taught the battery and replace it with a new battery but it is still the same. After two days I tried started it and it started as normal as it was before. Driving it for day and the next it happened again. Tried shifting to N and low gear to P but it still can't start. Desk board light on, car stereo and all the electrics are OK but it won't start..
Can anyone help me out??

·
Nissan Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
Have you read any of the threads here or done a bit of search? My guess is a bad crankshaft sensor. Do a google search and read a bit about it. Of course this will only apply to gasoline versions. It helps if you provide a little more info about your vehicle.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,114 Posts
My X-Trail could not start, just giving click sound and and taught the battery and replace it with a new battery but it is still the same. After two days I tried started it and it started as normal as it was before. Driving it for day and the next it happened again. Tried shifting to N and low gear to P but it still can't start. Desk board light on, car stereo and all the electrics are OK but it won't start..
Can anyone help me out??
One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://ownersmanuals2.com/. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
rogoman
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing