Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I just bought a 2001 Nissan sentra 2.0. Check engine light came n and after awhile it started to flash.I have changed the spark plugs and wires. Any suggestions:crying:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I made sure every thing was snugged and capped down. I didn't have obm diagnosis gadget with me so I just took the positive battery cable off. Check engine light still appeared. The next day I de-greased the the motor, washed her and when I got back in my car the check engine light was off. So I took it to get smogged (I just bought the car and it failed. I used my obm diagnostic gadget code P0301 appeared. so I just now cleared the codes and I was told to drive 70 miles so the computer would re-set and recycle. whatcha thinking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it currently misfiring with the flashing light while you drive or was that a one time occurrence. Yeah I've heard it can take 24 hours with the battery disconnected to reset the ecu. There are other way on the web to reset it. A misfire could come from the moisture when you degreased it, Check plugs and caps for moisture and dry them off. A leak in the intake Manifold can also cause it. Ive seen people spray carb cleaner on the manifold near the cylinder misfiring and if there's a vacuum leak the carb cleaner will cause the engine to rev up because your burning the carb cleaner too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts