Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· :::User Illusion:::
139 Posts
no hate, just disgust

Importracer said:
Remember one thing when comparing SR20DETT to Honda Engines...SR20DETT is a jap spec engine and is not offered on any production Nissan in the US. To be fair compare it tothe JAP spec GSR/TYPE R.
Your correct that the turbo engine was never avalible to the U.S. market, but the sr20de has been since 1990. The technology in this engine code has not seen any significate changes besides the placement of the intake (high vs low), which most people would conside a down grade.

The sr20 is a 12+ year old engine with a block that can hold well over 400hp's with out modification. Not even the B16 engines from 1990 could do that. Now consider the GS-R and Type R or even the H22 engines which have significatly higher Hp's but the toque to hp ratio is not as good as the sr20's. I'm not knocking the honda engines, i'm just using them as a comparison because they are widely known.

Also the highest Hp honda engines have Vtec. The Nissan Vtec engine known as the sr20ve puts out 205bhp in the 2002 trim :)

· :::User Illusion:::
139 Posts
autoxr37, I'm not sure if there is anyone on here that's running constant 10's or 11's, but there is a pretty good handfull of guys running 12's and 13's.

sentragtr20 said:
I said with full interior,not any of this striped interior shit. But I hope with the money I am putting into it ,I hope I can run a least 11's. That is with full interior,and a full race engine.
And your going to do all of this on your ga16de?:eek: What do you have in the works for your gle/gtr?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.