Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been viewing this site for a coouple of weeks. Let me start by saying I dont necessarily have a favorite car company Honda,Nissan,Mazda,Toyota ect...they are all good and better than each other in different ways. This a good site w/ alot good posts, and technical info. What I dont understand is why everyone hates on Hondas so bad? You refer to Honda as ricers......I thought any car/bike made in Japan is considered a ricer/riceburner. If you are referring to those losers with 5" R&S exhause tips, stickers, powered by honda....ect look and want to race everything they well........there are assholes like that who drive every car. I hate them 2. There are serious enthusiasts w/ every car company and then you have posers. Honda is a big import powerhouse and there are a lot of no joke hondas out there. Remember one thing when comparing SR20DETT to Honda Engines...SR20DETT is a jap spec engine and is not offered on any production Nissan in the US. To be fair compare it tothe JAP spec GSR/TYPE R. I guess my point is why cant eveyone just enjoy import racing for what it is....sure everyone has there favorite car company and yes they will be Bias toward them. All that matters is that you have fun w/ your car.I love the Giants but I still watched the Super Bowl. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
ok...I know what people deep down inside are saying....is if were going to keep it to racing why cant those damn ricers put the money they spend on thier car into the motor and not the appearance. And the definition of ricer is clearly stated in several threads....it doesnt necessarily mean hondas are ricers, hondas are just our rivals....there are so many of them.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
"Ricers" usually refers to riceboys. And yeah, anybody can be a riceboy, driving any kind of car. I don't think most of us hate Hondas at all. But like 00Sentra said, there's so many riceboys driving Hondas it's hard not to make an association.

I know a lot of people, some of which are actually good friends of mine that have fast Hondas and they're very serious about them. Even they cringe at the sheer number of riceboys driving Hondas. Movies like Fast and the Furious don't help either... it's just glorifying the riceboy scene.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please dont get me started on the Fast and the Furious. I dont think the writers or directors have ever driven a five speed let alone know anything about the import racing scene. Yes there are alotof thosericeboys as you say driving hondas......mostly early 90's hatches, and crx.......They piss me off too
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Importracer said:
I have been viewing this site for a coouple of weeks. Let me start by saying I dont necessarily have a favorite car company Honda,Nissan,Mazda,Toyota ect...they are all good and better than each other in different ways. This a good site w/ alot good posts, and technical info. What I dont understand is why everyone hates on Hondas so bad? You refer to Honda as ricers......I thought any car/bike made in Japan is considered a ricer/riceburner. If you are referring to those losers with 5" R&S exhause tips, stickers, powered by honda....ect look and want to race everything they well........there are assholes like that who drive every car. I hate them 2. There are serious enthusiasts w/ every car company and then you have posers. Honda is a big import powerhouse and there are a lot of no joke hondas out there. Remember one thing when comparing SR20DETT to Honda Engines...SR20DETT is a jap spec engine and is not offered on any production Nissan in the US. To be fair compare it tothe JAP spec GSR/TYPE R. I guess my point is why cant eveyone just enjoy import racing for what it is....sure everyone has there favorite car company and yes they will be Bias toward them. All that matters is that you have fun w/ your car.I love the Giants but I still watched the Super Bowl. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
Keep in mind that hondas ,especially civics, and the like are THE MOST COMMON jap car on the road. So since there are an ungodly amount of them on the road, there will be just by weight of numbers will have way more ricers. Also civics are a dime a dozen for ever forty "fixed up" civics there are one or two actually fast ones. Also hondas (used ones) are very cheap and reliable so many parents get their kids a honda because of low upkeep. The kids who do all that stupid sticker and detrimental modding, are the ricers. As a further note cosmetic mods are fine I really don't mind/care about that. It's just when they get on the side of you and rev when they know they are stock and all they got is a big ol fart can (see above with the kid statement).

So don't ask us if mod X your car look rice, it's the rice that makes your car look rice.

-Steven C.
 

·
:::User Illusion:::
Joined
·
112 Posts
no hate, just disgust

Importracer said:
Remember one thing when comparing SR20DETT to Honda Engines...SR20DETT is a jap spec engine and is not offered on any production Nissan in the US. To be fair compare it tothe JAP spec GSR/TYPE R.
Your correct that the turbo engine was never avalible to the U.S. market, but the sr20de has been since 1990. The technology in this engine code has not seen any significate changes besides the placement of the intake (high vs low), which most people would conside a down grade.

The sr20 is a 12+ year old engine with a block that can hold well over 400hp's with out modification. Not even the B16 engines from 1990 could do that. Now consider the GS-R and Type R or even the H22 engines which have significatly higher Hp's but the toque to hp ratio is not as good as the sr20's. I'm not knocking the honda engines, i'm just using them as a comparison because they are widely known.

Also the highest Hp honda engines have Vtec. The Nissan Vtec engine known as the sr20ve puts out 205bhp in the 2002 trim :)
 

·
One and only (sr20)
Joined
·
229 Posts
What does he mean by kids??? I am only 17 years old ,but my car is in the works and will be one of the fastest on this forum. ( with full interior)
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Talk is cheap. Especially when you have no idea what other people are driving. Can your car run 10's? I'm sure there's plenty on this forum that can.
 

·
One and only (sr20)
Joined
·
229 Posts
I said with full interior,not any of this striped interior shit. But I hope with the money I am putting into it ,I hope I can run a least 11's. That is with full interior,and a full race engine.
 

·
:::User Illusion:::
Joined
·
112 Posts
autoxr37, I'm not sure if there is anyone on here that's running constant 10's or 11's, but there is a pretty good handfull of guys running 12's and 13's.

sentragtr20 said:
I said with full interior,not any of this striped interior shit. But I hope with the money I am putting into it ,I hope I can run a least 11's. That is with full interior,and a full race engine.
And your going to do all of this on your ga16de?:eek: What do you have in the works for your gle/gtr?
 

·
One and only (sr20)
Joined
·
229 Posts
No I want a primera sr20. I am putting pistons,rods,11.5 lift cams,valves,springs,ti retainers,etc...

What gave the impression that I had a GA16DE???
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
You guys are probably going to flame me for this but You guys are fucking smoking crack! The fastest SR20 runs a 9.8 or so at least last time I looked what the hell makes you think that you can run that on a streetable car if thats what you are trying to achieve. THe car is full stripped with skinnies and lightened rear end, drag slicks, etc etc etc..... low 12's high 11's acceptable but 10's, hmm, when I see it I will believe it!
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hey, I'm from Malaysia.......................we have the same feelings towards Honda owners too. They think its the best car and dont want to get to know about other cars.....I love kicking VTEC asses

My minimum torque is B18Cs max touque.....when it was stock. Also compared my dyno chart with a H22A, VTECs torque curve is full of bull.

SR20VE.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Zak91SE-R said:
"Ricers" usually refers to riceboys. And yeah, anybody can be a riceboy, driving any kind of car. I don't think most of us hate Hondas at all. But like 00Sentra said, there's so many riceboys driving Hondas it's hard not to make an association.

I know a lot of people, some of which are actually good friends of mine that have fast Hondas and they're very serious about them. Even they cringe at the sheer number of riceboys driving Hondas. Movies like Fast and the Furious don't help either... it's just glorifying the riceboy scene.
tru and tottaly agreed with
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Importracer said:
Please dont get me started on the Fast and the Furious. I dont think the writers or directors have ever driven a five speed let alone know anything about the import racing scene. Yes there are alotof thosericeboys as you say driving hondas......mostly early 90's hatches, and crx.......They piss me off too
IM NOT FLAMING IN ANY WAY. But did you know that the white integ
during the 2G buy in race (*the one playing playstation*) is the technical director of the movie. and he was a fist place winner or something like that in the ISRA. *retiered* and that is really his car. listen to the producers nererations at the end. IM NOT FLAMING THO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Twas a civic, not an integra. I can vouch for sentra GTR's engine. It's nice. He spent a lot of money on his car, from a GA16 auto that it came with, he made a 5-speed sr20de. I must commend him because when I first met him I didn't think he was going to ever "get around to it," being such a big project. Now he's getting ready to run some huge azzzz turbo, right kirwin? heh :D

Ju§tin
 

·
One and only (sr20)
Joined
·
229 Posts
Dude, Dont be telling my whole project.. But now I have to pull the tranny... I want to strengthen it up,and clutch it....
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top