Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.....
I drive a 98' b14 GA16, has anybody done a QR25 swap into the b14 chassis? I know the SR20 is the most common but is it possible to fit the QR25?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Hey my420sx,

Can it be done? I am not sure, but lets ponder this.

B14s have been offered with the GA16de and the SR20DE, the B15's also at one point had the SR20DE in them. If the QR and the SR fit in the B15 and the SR fits in the B14, Maybe the QR will fit in the B14. ??? did you get that?? i dont know even if i did.

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey PatScottAKA99XE,

I've never seen it done dats all

Thnx for ur responce and thnx for taking the time to ponder....

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
The reason the SR20 fits in both the b14 and 15 is because nissan designed a tranny for each of the cars.
In other words, you can swap a b15 SR20 block by fitting it onto a b14 SR20 Tranny. Since no b14 tranny will accept the QR25 block, there is no cost effective way to do this. It's not whether the block fits, it's whether the tranny fits.

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same here PatScottAKA99XE, I had no idea.
Then I guess the answer is NO:mad: ....
imagine 180hp/180 ft-lbs torque on the b14 chassis, plus mods.
OUCH!

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Anything is possible it just comes to the point where it is not worth it. The SR20DET makes more power, fits easily, and weighs less then the QR25. The extra weight over the front axle will not help handling

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I was under the impression that the QR actually weighs less than the SR, but either way it's a waste of money when more power can be had for less money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my420sx said:
Just curious.....
I drive a 98' b14 GA16, has anybody done a QR25 swap into the b14 chassis? I know the SR20 is the most common but is it possible to fit the QR25?
Any special reason for getting a QR instead of SR tho?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts