Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think about the whole thing about Slave reparations. If you dont know what it is, this is the jist of it.
A bunch of black people (sorry if thats PI) want to sue a bunch of companies whose predecessors they say benefited from slave labor. Check this out...

"It seems that America owes black people a lot for what we have endured,'' Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan told the crowd. "We cannot settle for some little jive token. We need millions of acres of land that black people can build.''
"We are just demanding what is justly ours.''

We had to debate this is my World Civ. class.
I personally think this is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard of. Just a bunch of people who were never slaves themselves trying to make some money. Im just as sorry as anybody else is about slavery. It was just one of many stupid things this country has done.
But we had to watch a tape of one of the rallys they held in DC. The speakers there were some of the most racist people I have ever seen. These people need to wake up. They think every white person is holding them back or something stupid like that. These people are always harping about how blacks and whites are divided. They dont seem to understand that if they win this than this will only drive the races futher apart.
If this thing does somehow pass, then I'm moving to Canada. They have the best health care system in the world.
Then they can inact segregation and let the South rise agian for all I care.

AAAHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think that the black people who are suing for "slave reparations" should find something else to do. They are not the only ones whose lives have been used to build america or to serve the "white man." Other people such as the Irish, Jews, Germans, Chinese, Mexicans, (um i know im leaving a bunch of others out) but every single race was stepped on and abused by big businesses to gain profit. The Irish, Jews, and Germans for example help man the factories and build the railroads from the East. On the west you had the Chinese who built railroads and were crazy enough to use TNT. They had to sit on lil baskets attached by a small rope to blow up hard to reach areas on a mountainside! Also you can't forget that immigrants do the dirtiest jobs in America. Who here can honestly say they would clean the s**t out of the toilets of a man who just finished a buffet table and forgot to bring the Pepto? America was built on corruption and on the backs of immigrants. That is America for you. If they can sue and get any sort of reparations from it. Then all of America should sue the corportations. But that is not likely to happen now is it. Ah thats just my two cents.:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
We had this on altimas.net. A lengthy thread too! I think slave reparations is stupid. That's all for now. :)

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Yeah, that stuff is bullshit. Just more people still believing in some inner utopia that only happens in books and movies. Reminds me of some get rich scheme. Its almost as if Farrakhan is saying in private quarters, "Hey, if we hold out long enough, we will be rich mutha fuckaz! All we got to do, is play the ''race'' card every minute out of everyday, and we will be rewarded beyond our wildest dreams!! Now are ya with me?!?"

And oh yeah.. one more thing...Affirmitive action = Reverse discrimination (in today's America)

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
There's blacks out there that think that reperations is a waste of time as well... on two points, the blacks today are actually BENEFITing from being here (imagine Africa today) and the blacks today were never oppressed by slavery... I mean not to be racist or anything but the truth is the truth.

BTW, that phrase "to hell in a handbasket" is what they called it when the chinese were lowered over the sides of mountains in baskets to chisel foot steps... go figure huh?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just one comment, then I'll leave this thread alone... I agree that affirmative action is wrong...it widens the gap between blacks/whites/others. And forms of slavery do still exist. It might not be like it is in the history books, but I know for a fact that its much harder in today's world for a black or spanish person to get a job with similar qualifications as a white person....its just reality right now. Its really hard for minorities to hold the highest positions in this country, and we all know that. We all know that there really is no universal equality. We could go on and on, but thats the bottom line. By the way, to be clear, I think this whole reparations thing is a waste of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts