Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed OBX headers yet? I got mine, and i can see exactly how i can do it, i just need to know any tips.. i see looking down in the engine bay.. where the *stock* header is, to the right at the bottom, there is a circle thing.. i dunno if its a mount or what.. but i will have to remove it for the time of install.. i dont know what it is. also, its a 1 peice header set, it looks easy enough to do.. here is what i plan on doing

Get headers super polished! (metal polisher)
buy new O2 sensors for headers.
Buy new gasket

any other suggestions

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am not positive, but I think only ceramic coating will keep polished look on exhaust header. The temps are so high that bare metal will get rusty color eventually. You don't have to buy new O2 sensors if current ones are working fine.

search se-r.net for installation writeups

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
but if your O2 sensor is the original one that came with the car, like mine, then it just might do you some good. remember the ga's only have one sensor. its only been one day since i installed mine, so i don't have much data to go buy but so far, the car runs a bit quicker on the butt dyno, its easier to go up hills, (depending on the hill, my car would downshift twice. today it only did it once. and the temps were in the 90s+) and even my brake pedal feels firmer. i dont' know how to explain that one.

oh yea, don't forget the gasmileage. wich should be in range of 35-40 highway, depending on driver style. i was only getting 30-31. thats SER mileage, with GA preformance. yuck. i ll let you guys know what im getting with the new sensor in a week or so.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
ScarCrow28 said:
but if your O2 sensor is the original one that came with the car, like mine, then it just might do you some good. remember the ga's only have one sensor. its only been one day since i installed mine, so i don't have much data to go buy but so far, the car runs a bit quicker on the butt dyno, its easier to go up hills, (depending on the hill, my car would downshift twice. today it only did it once. and the temps were in the 90s+) and even my brake pedal feels firmer. i dont' know how to explain that one.

oh yea, don't forget the gasmileage. wich should be in range of 35-40 highway, depending on driver style. i was only getting 30-31. thats SER mileage, with GA preformance. yuck. i ll let you guys know what im getting with the new sensor in a week or so.
the GA's have two, one in the manifold and one that's suppose to be AFTER the cat. when I installed mine I had to move the O2 sensor and lengthen the wires to after the cat.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
not according to my manual. also maybe they added one for the newer models. while yours is a 95. mine is a 93. i'll take a peek under my car regardless, but all evidence i have found has pointed to only one. my 82-94 haynes sentra repair manual only talks of one sensor in the header.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts