Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a new 2008 Pathfinder SE V6. From the dealer, no previous owner. 23 hours after driving it off the lot I lift up the rubber insert in the cupholder to find a sticky, red odorless fluid that looks like strawberry jam and just like transmission fluid. There was about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the fluid built up in there. I cleaned it up and haven't seen something since (about 35 minutes of driving after I noticed it). Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Please HELP! The dealer says to just wait and see if it happens again. But I'm used to cars -- things like this don't just appear and go away.

:confused:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm with the dealer on this one. It's hard to envision a defect that would cause this. There's no end to the strange things that can be done to a vehicle during assembly or while it's on the lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Gives me a little more peace of mind. I couldn't figure out how a leak could flow UP into the cabin either. It is right behind the shift knob, so I started to think it was possible if there was a bad gasket / seal.

Thanks. Still, though, maybe someone else might have had a similar issue... we'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts